Daktronics Releases the DB-4200, the Most Advanced Edition of the 4K Digital LED Billboard Series3 min read
New billboard features reduced power consumption, Smartlink™ remote power control, and offers faster ROI for outdoor advertisers
Designed with low energy use and reliability in mind, the latest generation of Daktronics trusted digital billboards gives outdoor advertisers the tools to profit more than ever. From its intelligent, energy-efficient design to its catalog of money-saving features, this is the ideal LED billboard solution for outdoor advertising companies of any size.
“We work closely with our customers to discover a clear vision of their goals, so we meet and exceed their expectations with every new product release,” said Jeremy Johnson, Daktronics Key Accounts manager. “With a market that demands 24/7 operation, we continuously work to improve our digital billboards by engineering innovative products that offer increased value and uptime for our customers.”
Daktronics experience in the industry and close working relationships with outdoor advertisers enable the company to engineer intuitive digital billboards that aligns with their needs. The product’s features include:
Reduced Power Consumption:
- Daktronics has reduced current digital billboard power consumption by 50 percent since releasing the 4K series. By using the highest-quality, most energy-efficient LEDs available and a multi-directional light sensor that dims the billboard appropriately throughout the day, Daktronics manufactures the industry’s most innovative, power-conscious digital billboard solution available.
Remote Power Control:
- Daktronics partnered with OutdoorLink Inc., incorporating their SmartLink™ wireless controller. Designed to remotely control and monitor display power, the SmartLink provides a bidirectional communication path to Daktronics digital billboards. Its remote shutdown and startup feature is useful during inclement weather, such as a hurricane, and it saves outdoor operators money by eliminating service visits to restore lost communications.
- Daktronics redesigned the controller to allow it to be placed inside the display cabinet rather than outside, offering a sleeker look and easier servicing. The control system governs hold times and limits content to static images to ensure the digital billboard is sign-code compliant.
Maximized Display Uptime:
- Daktronics is committed to using top-of-the-line components, along with rigorous product design testing, resulting in a dependable product that maximizes display uptime for operators.
- Daktronics fully seals all billboard modules, power supplies and components, providing complete weather protection. Daktronics digital billboard modules boast an IP-67 protection rating and power supplies follow suit with an IP-66 rating — something no other digital billboard manufacturer offers. Learn more about why an IP-67 rating is important, and watch Daktronics climate test video at: www.daktronics.com/IceBlockVideo
- Daktronics remote diagnostics, powered by IDM (Intelligent Device Management), is used by technicians and service representatives to ensure customers’ LED billboards stay in top shape. IDM checks operation points 24 hours a day, surveying hundreds of thousands of data points. The system finds potential errors before they become visible on a display, oftentimes allowing technicians to address a display’s health before an outage occurs.
Since entering the digital billboard business in 2001, Daktronics has continued to build on our experience in the digital billboard business and on input from our customers to continue to improve our product to create the most convenient and reliable digital billboard solution for outdoor operators. Simple, yet resourceful features that help streamline installation and serviceability, and reduce the overall cost of ownership. We also offer a unique set of billboard services not offered by any other display manufacturer. The company’s wide range of billboard services such as regulatory assistance, installation management, maintenance, technical and creative services, and complete system monitoring all combine to help meet each unique outdoor operator’s business model.
Discover more Daktronics digital billboard information at www.daktronics.com/billboard.
Daktronics is the world’s largest supplier of large-format LED display systems, including digital LED billboards, large-screen video displays and control systems for sports and commercial venues. Daktronics has built and installed hundreds of thousands of LED displays in more than 100 countries, and offers more than 40 years of dynamic display experience. Daktronics installed its first digital billboard in 2001. For more information about digital billboards, visit: http://www.daktronics.com/billboard, e-mail the company at outdoor [at] daktronics.com, or call toll-free at (800) 325-8766.