NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of a 55-inch model to its top-of-the-line P Series large-screen displays.
The P552 is a professional-grade, industrial-strength LCD display intended for 24/7 operation in venues such as quick-service restaurants, airports, public information environments, healthcare facilities and retail stores. This model includes robust thermal protection, internal temperature sensors with self-diagnostics and fan-based technology to prevent overheating.
The P552 is enhanced with Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) technology, digital loop-through capabilities, reduced depth, 10 percent lower power consumption and built-in 10-watt speakers. The OPS-compliant expansion slot adheres to the Intel specification that aims to standardize and simplify slot-oriented digital signage installations.
“NEC Display Solutions always keeps total cost of ownership in mind when designing new products,” said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing, Large-Screen Displays and Projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “We were able to create a more efficient display while adding to the already rich feature set that customers expect from the
P Series product.”
The P552 display includes the following features:
- Expansion slot, which supports OPS
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution, which provides stunning detail
- Enhanced loop-through capability with DVI, DisplayPort and composite video
- Integrated 10-watt x 2 speakers
- Contrast ratio up to 4000:1
- Maximum brightness of 700 cd/m2
- 10 percent lower power consumption than predecessor model
- Thermal and mechanical protection, which ensures reliable 24/7 operation
- Remote diagnostics and external control, including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote and DDC/CI
- TileMatrixTM technology, which allows for video walls up to 100 displays
- Real-time clock, which has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Carbon footprint meter, which tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Built-in NTSC/ATSC analog/digital tuner, which allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (P552-AVT only)
- 2×2 TileMatrix Video Wall Solution – Digital bundle includes four displays, Digital Factory PerfectAlignTM Mounting System, four 2-meter DVI-D cables, a 5-meter DVI cable, three 2-meter null modem cables and a Tripp Lite Isobar6 surge suppressor (P552-TMX4D)
- Optional accessories and products, which include stands, wall mounts, internal OPS and first-generation option cards, external PCs and media players
The P552 will be available in February 2012 at a minimum advertised price of $3,199. Meanwhile, a P552-AVT display will be available at a minimum advertised price of $3,399 and the P552-TMX4D (2×2 TileMatrix Video Wall Solution) at $17,999. All displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Source: NEC Display Solutions