NEC Display Solutions Introduces LED-Backlit Commercial-Grade LCD Displays To V Series3 min read
55- and 65-Inch Models Include Built-In Speakers, OPS-Compliant Expansion Slot, Bundle Options high-performance, full HD panel makes these models ideal for extended operation times, including retail stores, restaurants, indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms.
NEC’s V552 and V652 utilize LED backlighting to reduce the product’s depth, weight and power consumption when compared to their predecessor. Each also features built-in 10-watt speakers and an Open Pluggable Specification (OPS)-compliant expansion slot. This future-proofs the display and allows for the seamless integration of a computer or other NEC/third-party accessories. Additionally, video, RS-232 control and power are passed internally from the display to the accessory, allowing the elimination of additional cabling and simplifying installations.
“We’re proud to introduce two products that not only reduce the physical footprint of the display but also decrease energy usage because of the LED backlighting,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager of Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The shift to LED backlighting is significant for the digital signage industry and is evident in NEC’s large-screen product line. The V552 and V652 reinforce that commitment to improve our customers’ total cost of ownership and return on investment.”
The V552 and V652 include the following features:
- LED backlighting technology reduces power consumption and allows for a slimmer cabinet depth
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components enable extended runtimes
- 1920 x 1080 full HD native resolution provides stunning image clarity
- 320/450 cd/m² brightness (typical/maximum) and 4000:1 contrast ratio deliver brilliant imagery
- DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D (in/out) enable connectivity to a wide range of peripherals
- RS-232C, Ethernet (RJ45), IR Remote, DDC/CI are available for control
- Built-in, low-profile 10-watt speakers enhance the experience with superior sound
- TileMatrix™ allows for create video walls up to 10 x 10
- Built-in ATSC digital tuner (SB-03TM) allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (V552-AVT and V652-AVT models only)
- Bundled solution includes single board computer (OPS-PCAF-WS) for simple digital signage (V552-PC and V652-PC models only)
- Optional accessories include speakers, stand, a variety of internal and external computers, digital tuner, calibration kit and wall mount
The V552 and V652 are available at minimum advertised prices of $2399 and $4999, respectively. The V552-AVT and V652-AVT models are priced at $2599 and $5149, while the V552-PC and V652-PC cost $3199 and $5899. All six products ship with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Source: NEC Display Solutions