DisplaySearch, the worldwide leader in display market research, today unveiled the final agenda for its 4th annual Digital Signage Conference. This year’s event will be held in conjunction with InfoComm 2011 in Orlando, Florida. The annual conference will focus on both the digital signage business and advanced display technologies for all commercial applications. The conference will take place on Tuesday, June 14 during InfoComm 2011, which will be held June 11-17, 2011 at the Orange County Convention Center.
The DisplaySearch Digital Signage Conference will bring together the world’s largest display vendors, IT companies and businesses well-established in out-of-home digital signage environments. Additionally, they will be joined by new and emerging venture companies that digital displays are helping to foster.
The conference will examine applications, including mass transit, mixed-use information and advertising signage; electronic menu boards; higher education installations; point-of-sale and dynamic signage for retail; corporate mass-communication networks; out-of-home advertising/information/security messaging; and emerging solutions for the outdoor portion of the out-of-home market.
“The DisplaySearch annual Digital Signage Conference continues to serve as the primary source of data intelligence and go-to-market expertise in helping companies throughout the digital signage supply chain manage their business with realistic goals,” noted Chris Connery, Vice President of Large Format Commercial Displays at DisplaySearch. “This year’s conference will be no exception, making it a must attend event for companies in both the digital signage business and advanced display technologies–giving them inside information that allows for a competitive advantage.”
“InfoComm is pleased to have DisplaySearch offering its Digital Signage Conference at InfoComm 2011,” said Randal A. Lemke, Ph.D., Executive Director and CEO, InfoComm International. “This robust program is a great complement to the full range of digital signage solutions that can be seen on the InfoComm 2011 Show floor.”
The DisplaySearch Digital Signage Conference Agenda:
Welcome Addresses: Jason McGraw, CTS, CAE, Senior Vice President of Expositions, InfoComm and Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, Analyst Services, DisplaySearch
- Introduction, Display Market Overview and Who Makes What for Whom, Chris Connery, Vice President PC and Large Format Commercial Displays, DisplaySearch
- Keynote Address: “Catalyst to Reach the Tipping Point”, Doug Albregts, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Samsung Enterprise Business Division
Commercial displays/signage have been and remain a big growth industry, but rapid adoption due to the early promise of the monetization of commercial ‘spaces’ has not been fully realized. Technological advancement often moves faster than adoption and cost is always a factor when deciding on when the time is right to adopt new technology. A ‘tipping point’ is fast approaching as advancements in areas such as LED and touch technologies provide businesses with unique and cost effective ways to display information more efficiently and impressively than ever. Experiential installations such as the ones recently unveiled at McCarran Airport and the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas are a glimpse in to what is possible and bear testament to the paradigm shift taking place in the market today.
Session I: Digital Signage Supply Chain
- Glass Solutions for Public Information Displays, Paul Tompkins, Director Commercial Technology, Corning
- Commercial vs. Consumer Displays – Technology vs. Marketing, Daniel Smith, Director of Digital Signage, LG Electronics USA Commercial Displays
- The Right FPD Technology for Your Commercial Application: LCD and Plasma Compared, Karl DeManss, Group Manager, Panasonic Solutions Company
- Session I Panel Discussion
Session II: More than the Display
- Emerging Standards for Driving Content to the Display – PC or not PC, Ed Stock, Platform System Architect, Intel
- Mounting for Ultra-Narrow Bezel Flat Panels, Paul Redding, Senior Strategic Business Manager, Chief
- How Many Touch-Points are Needed to Win the Project?, John Sheehan, Senior Director of Digital Signage Business Unit, NEC Display Solutions
- Session II Panel Discussion
Session III: Go-to-Market Strategies
- Digital Signage Software: Can’t Live Without It, David Wilkins, President & CEO, X2O Media
- The Many Applications of the Super-sized Digital Display, Bob Klausmeier, Manager, YESCO Electronics
- Go-to-Market Strategies for Digital Signage – the IT Vendor Perspective, Bob Rosenberry, Visual Solutions, Retail Solutions Global Business Unit, Hewlett-Packard
Session IV: Advanced and Emerging Display Technologies for Digital Signage
- The Promise and Challenge of Specialty Displays: From Outdoor LCD to e-paper Electronic Shelf Labels, Brad Gleeson, Executive Vice President and GM DOOH, Chilin Solutions
- Glasses-Free 3D Displays: The Next Generation of Digital Signage Solutions Has Arrived, Tom Zerega, CEO and Co-Founder, Magnetic 3D
- Questions You Need to Ask to Ensure Success in Interactive Digital Signage, Neeraj Pendse, Business Development Manager, TE Touch Solutions
The DisplaySearch Digital Signage Conference will take place on Tuesday, June 14 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Orange County Convention Center with InfoComm 2011 in rooms W315A/W315B in the West Hall. Opening reception will follow. To register for the event, please visit www.displaysearch.com/digitalsignage2011.
For more information about the event or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Laura Castellano at (408) 418-1904 or [email protected].
Media interested in attending the Digital Signage Conference should contact Stacey Voorhees-Harmon at media [at] displaysearch.com or call +1.925.336.9592.
Since 1996, DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge. In collaboration with The NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels. For more information on DisplaySearch analysts, reports and industry events, visit us at www.displaysearch.com . Read our blog at www.displaysearchblog.com and follow us on Twitter at @DisplaySearch.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,800 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology , entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit www.npd.com and www.npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.
SAVVY Public Relations
E-mail: stacey [at] savvypublicrelations.net