NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today a unique addition to its X Series, the 43-inch X431BT bar-type display. This professional-grade LCD was designed for those customers who want to capitalize on digital signage but do not have an environment that allows for standard-sized screens. These types of areas can include transportation facilities, quick-service restaurants and retail stores.
The X431BT expands the messaging options for customers with its DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D connectivity. The bar-type display can be utilized for different styles of content, including menuboards, scrolling text and advertising of new promotions. To further opportunities for potential deployments, it can be mounted in both landscape and portrait orientation. Customers who want to maximize the benefits of installing an X431BT can employ the display’s Picture in Picture (PIP), Picture on Picture (POP) and side-by-side modes to show information in different ways. Two inputs can be displayed simultaneously in any of these modes by either maintaining one aspect ratio or evenly stretching both images to fill each half of the screen.
“Digital signage is constantly changing, and NEC is thrilled to contribute to the industry with a new display that can be used long term in atypical spaces,” said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing for NEC Display Solutions. “The X431BT carries with it the superior technology and management features of NEC’s professional P and S Series, but can be used in tricky areas, like store shelves, stadium pillars or ceiling-mounted in hallways. Our ultimate goal through all of our products and platforms is to advance the market and cultivate the potential of our customers, and we believe the X431BT will fill the gap in some of those missing areas.”
The X431BT bar-type display includes the following features:
- 1920 x 480 native resolution
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m² typical brightness, 700 cd/m² maximum brightness
- 105W typical power consumption, less than 1W in standby mode
- Landscape and portrait orientation
- Advanced thermal protection and sealed panel design for protection in less than optimal environments
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including TileMatrixTM (up to 10×10), TileCompTM, copy function, and individual or group ID functions
- Enhanced PIP, POP and side-by-side modes to fit the unique display area of the screen
- Full connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D digital inputs and Ethernet with automated email notifications for diagnostic purposes
- Built-in expansion slot allows for seamless integration of NEC and third-party components
- Real-time clock allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Ambient light sensor provides consistent brightness in any lighting condition
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- RS-232 enables multi-display control and daisy chain capabilities
- Windows VistaTM certified
- ENERGY STAR 5.0
The X431BT has an estimated street price of $3,799 and ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visit www.advuku.com.
Source: NEC DISPLAY