NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its new S Series, featuring the addition of the 40-inch S401 and 46-inch S461 LCD displays. Replacing the renowned M Series, the S Series is ideal for those customers with digital signage and entertainment applications running for extended operation times. These types of environments can include airports, hospitality, boardrooms and public areas.
The full high-definition displays offer a variety of new features compared to previous generation models, including DisplayPort and Ethernet connections for added flexibility, an ambient light sensor for optimum brightness based on existing lighting conditions and more than 30 built-in advanced features in its Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite. The displays boast a contrast ratio of 4000:1, an increase from its predecessors, while maintaining the same level of power consumption. The S401 and S461 have the ability to be tiled in a video wall matrix up to 10×10 (100 displays), which is an improvement from the previous 5×5 capability of the M Series. Their NaViSetâ„¢ technology offers an intuitive graphical interface to adjust the displaysâ€™ settings, and remote access is enabled for IT professionals with the Administrator version.
“Our new S Series displays offer a feature-rich solution to those customers looking for a strong presence with sufficient connectivity options that allow similar performance as our award-winning P Series products,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “The S401 and S461 bring incredible new benefits to projects involving extended use and satisfy a market that didn’t fit with the product offering in the past. Their standard bezel and business-grade panel benefit flagship stores and designer shops that require a sleek, sophisticated look without straining budgets.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the S401 and S461:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- Brightness up to 450 cd/m²
- 8ms response time
- Business-grade panel with advanced cooling design to prevent likeliness of image retention and improve color uniformity
- Broad connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA, DVI-D, 5 BNC (RGBHV), composite, component, S-Video, HDMI
- Flexible control options with Ethernet, RS-232 in/out, IR and DDC/CI
- Built-in expansion slot, which future-proofs the display, increasing connectivity and methods for displaying content
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function; TileMatrixTM (up to 100 displays in a 10×10 matrix) and TileCompTM technologies
- AmbiBrightTM, which ensures constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition via the ambient light sensor
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings
- ENERGY STAR® 5.0 compliance
- Built-in tuner, which allows users to stream content up to 1080p directly to the display, as well as ATSC/NTCS/Clear QAM signals (S401-AVT and S461-AVT versions)
- Protective and touch glass ready
- Optional accessories and products for the S401 and S461 include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator, SpectraViewIITM Color Calibration Kit, stand, speaker, wall mount, single board computer, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card
The S401 and S461 will be available for April 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $1399.99 and $1799.99, respectively. Tuner versions will be available as well for $1549.99 and $1949.99, respectively. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Extended warranties of 4- and 5-years are available for purchase.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visit www.advuku.com.
Source: NEC Display Solutions