Nec Display Solutions Improves V Series Large-Screen Displays3 min read
Expansion Slot, DVI Loop-Through, Built-in Speakers Among the Newest Features
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today three new models to its commercial-grade V Series large-screen display product line. The 46-inch V462 will replace the V461, and the 46-inch V462-AVT and 65-inch V651-AVT with integrated tuners are new to the product line. These three models offer digital signage users a cost-effective solution.
Designed for extended use in retail, restaurants, indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms, the V Series includes full 1080p high-definition resolution, built-in low-profile 10-watt speakers, and a built-in expansion slot that allows for seamless integration of NEC accessories, third-party components and Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) products. Additionally, the new DVI loop-through option allows customers to pass a digital signal from one device to the next, thereby eliminating the need for additional hardware, such as a DVI daisy chain module. The V462, V462-AVT and V651-AVT also include popular features such as NEC’s TileMatrix™ technology for building video walls up to 100 displays, a real-time scheduler to power on/off the display at a specific time, and remote diagnostics to monitor and control the display from an off-site location.
“The next generation in our V Series lineup aims to provide better connectivity with added features that will help simplify and future-proof digital signage projects,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager for Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The added NTSC/ATSC tuner in the 46-inch and 65-inch sizes will also enable customers to install the product where high-definition broadcast capabilities are desired.”
The V462, V462-AVT and V651-AVT include the following features:
- Commercial-grade, sealed panel design with advanced cooling capabilities
- Maximum brightness of 450 cd/m² (V462 and V462-AVT) and 500 cd/m² (V651-AVT)
- Contrast ratio of 3000:1 (V462 and V462-AVT) and 5000:1 (V651-AVT)
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Expansion slot supports the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the industry’s first standardized option slot that simplifies digital signage installations
- Enhanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI
- Enhanced loop-through capability with DVI and Composite Video
- Improved mechanical design with slimmer depth
- Remote diagnostics and external control, including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote, DDC/CI
- TileMatrix technology (up to 100 displays)
- Real-time clock has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warmup 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Text ticker enables the display of emergency warnings or breaking news updates in a dedicated portion of the screen
- Programmable lookup tables (LUT) and 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Protective-glass and touch-panel-ready design
- Built-in NTSC/ATSC analog/digital tuner allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (V462-AVT and V651-AVT only)
- Optional accessories and products for the V651 include stands, wall mounts, external PCs and media players
The V462, V462-AVT and V651-AVT will be available in July 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $1,149, $1,249 and $5,399, respectively. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Source: Nec Display Solutions