AIS Releases Industrial Operator Interface Touch Panels Supporting Digital I/O Modules and PROFIBUS Protocol for Industrial and Factory Automation Applications3 min read
American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of 12.1” and 15” HMI operator interface touch panel PCs’ and PROFIBUS DP series products featuring Profibus DP protocol, creating communication between Profibus masters and remote I/O slaves to operate sensors and actuators via a centralized controller in industrial and factory automation applications.
The cost-efficient 12” and 15” HMI operator interface touch panel PCs’ feature the 1.6-GHz Intel Atom processor N270 enabling the PC to achieve high performance and low power consumption. Housing the system is a durable yet lightweight plastic & steel housing designed to NEMA 1/12/4 sealing standards on the front side, meeting high levels of dust, dirt, grease, and moisture resistance. The systems accept a wide voltage range input of 9-33V, making integration and deployment simple. The rugged HMI touch panels feature standard communication interfaces including Gigabit Ethernet, isolated RS232/RS485 serial ports, which can connect to industrial automation PLC, DCS, SCADA and PAC systems for production and factory automation applications. These features allow OEM packaging, processing machines and equipment builders to increase competitiveness, improve overall system reliability, reduced maintenance and save installation cost.
PROFIBUS (PROCESS FIELD BUS) which is anchored in the international standards IEC 61158 and IEC 61784 is an open, digital communication system with a wide range of applications, particularly in the fields of factory and process automation. It is suitable for both fast, time-critical applications and complex communication tasks. The PROFIBUS is one of the PROFIBUS DP series products produced by AIS. It provides the PROFIBUS DP communication protocol with any DP-Masters. It provides ESD protection contacting for all terminals (include I/O Terminals and PROFIBUS connector). By applying the PROFIBUS, users can easily establish a PROFIBUS DP network with other DP-Masters. It can be used in the application for building automation, remote data acquisition, environment control and monitoring, laboratory equipment & research and factory automation.
The commercially available rugged touch screen HMI terminals featuring the PROFIBUS protocol provide a cost effective, long life cycle system for automation, packaging, machines, and industrial industries where performance and reliability are paramount.
Features and Benefits
- PROFIBUS DP (Decentralized Peripherals) is used to operate sensors and actuators via a centralized controller in production and factory automation applications
- Available in 12.1″ or 15″ touch screen sizes.
- Intel Atom processors providing fanless, reliable performance with minimal power consumption.
- The fully isolated 2 x RS232 and 2 x RS485 serial ports extend the operating ranges of data communications networks.
- Integrated 8 wire resistive touch for compact & rugged HMI durable and reliable platforms.
- Ultra-slim, light, fanless and vibration-resistant design
- Optional non-volatile solid state storage for high reliability and ruggedness.
- TCP/IP via Ethernet for traceability, easy validation, service and diagnostics via the Internet.
- Enables greater uptime with no fans or moving parts to fail and the robustness of the Windows CE, Windows XP embedded, and Windows 7 embedded operating system.
- Integrated miniature time-delay fuse (over-current protection) to protect electronic equipment, rated 3.15A at 250 volts.
- Integrated 1 x 16-bit PC/104 slot specialized for reliable data acquisition used in embedded computing extreme environments
- Integrated 1 x LPT (Line Print Terminal) parallel port (DB25 by Y cable)
- Operating temperature: 0-50º C (32-122º F)
- Relative humidity: 10 ~ 95% RH @ 40º C (non-condensing)
- Vibration operating: 1.0 g (rotating media) 1.5 g (SSD)
- Shock Operating: 5 Hz ~ 500 Hz/ 1 Grms/ 3 Axis Packing: 5 Hz ~ 500 Hz/ 2.16 Grms/ 3 Axis
- MTBF: 50,000 hours
- IP ratings-front flush bezel: NEMA 1/12/4, IP65
- Mounting options: flush/panel mount (standard), VESA mount (optional)
- Electrical, environmental, power requirements: 9-33V DC
- Certifications: FCC/ CE (DoC) and RoHS
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is a leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty digital signage, industrial panel pc, industrial display and rugged tablet pc solutions for customers in the broadcasting, engineering & construction, gaming & entertainment, medical & healthcare, leisure & hospitality, mining, network & telecommunications, network security, oil & gas, petroleum, pharmaceuticals, pipelines, public & private educational services, railroads an d retail markets. AIS specialize in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. Whether your vision involves off-the-shelf displays or highly customized embedded computing solutions, AIS can supply the experience, technology, and resources you need to build it right and get you to market first. For additional information on AIS products and services, please Call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com.