DisplayLink Corp., the market share leader with more than 3.5 million users worldwide, has announced immediate OEM availability of its award-winning SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) DL-3000 series of display controller chips with virtual graphics technology.
Incorporating a high level of assimilation that includes USB 2.0, 3.0, HDMI, DVI, VGA DAC, and Gigabit Ethernet, the DisplayLink® DL-3000 series allows for the development of high performance, high resolution, compact and affordable PC peripherals that solve today’s real world connectivity problems including universal docking stations, USB monitors, PC to TV adapters, and zero clients. Capable of seamlessly sharing content rich media between notebooks and other HD devices like dual multiple 1080p resolution monitors, the DisplayLink DL-3000 delivers true USB plug and play connectivity that is quintessential for both the business and consumer markets alike.
“This is an exciting time for our OEM partners and for the consumers that will benefit from a new host of next-generation of entertainment and business PC devices,” said Dennis Crespo, executive vice president of marketing and business development at DisplayLink. “The DisplayLink DL-3000 series further strengthens our leadership position in the USB graphics market as we continue to produce innovative, high-quality products that our customers have come to rely upon.”
DisplayLink DL-3000 and its improved DL 3 adaptive compression technology leverages the 5Gbps transfer speeds of USB 3.0, allowing for up to 10 times faster virtual graphics performance.
Features of the new DisplayLink chip platform for USB 3.0 include:
- Single IC support for up to two full HD displays
- High performance HD video and beyond HD graphics
- HDCP 2.0 for protected content playback
- Integrated multi-channel audio
- Networking for docking stations and zero clients
- Support for leading display standards – DisplayPort, VGA DAC, DVI, HDMI
- Backwards compatibility with DisplayLink USB 2.0 graphics devices
- USB bus power capabilities for both USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Proven Windows driver support (XP, Vista, Windows 7, MultiPoint Server 2010, and Server 2003/2008)
Enabling a wide range of applications, this new platform creates an interactive connection between device and display including:
- Dual-headead docks and graphics adapters
- Universal USB docking stations with graphics, networking, and audio
- Affordable USB zero clients for shared resource computing
- USB to HDMI adapters for PC to TV connectivity
- USB to DVI, VGA or DisplayPort adapters for multi-display notebooks
- USB 3.0 monitor docks
- Wired and wireless USB 3.0 monitors
- USB bus powered mobile monitors
- Daisy chain up to six displays
“DisplayLink USB virtual graphics has enabled us to provide products that make computing more efficient and affordable for business customers and their IT departments,” said Carolyn Perrier, vice president of product management, accessories at Targus. “With DisplayLink’s highly-integrated SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices, we will be able to further expand our product offering with wired and wireless Internet and broadband connected peripherals that complement even the most powerful HD graphics and media capable notebooks.”
The DL-3000 chips feature de-facto standard DisplayLink usability software that ensures a seamless multi-display experience.
Consumers and business users alike won’t have to wait much longer to experience the high-performance features of the DL-3000. Devices are expected to reach the market in Q3, 2011.
OEMs interested in designing with DisplayLink DL-3000 series can contact sales [at] displaylink.com. End users may seed driver updates from the DisplayLink website as well as visit the DisplayLink Shop to find enabled products.
DisplayLink Corp. (www.displaylink.com) is a chip and software company that enables easy, virtual graphics connectivity between computers and displays over standard interfaces like USB, Wireless USB and Ethernet. Its technology is found in dozens of globally branded PC accessories including monitors, docking stations, display adapters, projectors and thin client systems that make it easy to expand the desktop visual workspace at significantly lower cost and power than traditional solutions.
For more information and product details visit the DisplayLink Shop.