HP today announced new technology solutions to help retailers engage with their customers and enhance the shopping experience at every customer touch point.
- The powerful HP rp5800 Retail System is a high-performance point-of-sale (POS) solution that combines enhanced processing and functionality to meet the needs of even the most demanding retail environments.
- HP Self-Service Kiosks, featuring Virtual Sales Assistant software, provide customers with an easy-to-use, interactive platform that offers information and personal assistance via crisp, 23- or 42-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(1) touchscreens.
“Retailers know that consumers want the shopping environment to be as interesting as online experiences,” said Ray Carlin, vice president, Retail Solutions Global Business Unit, HP. “Savvy retailers are upgrading their in-store technology – especially at the point of sale – to seamlessly integrate with other channels and enable their customers to shop the way they want to, creating a better in-store experience.”
Deliver results with the HP rp5800 Retail System
The HP rp5800 Retail System boasts advanced POS performance, manageability and security features that enable retailers to standardize on one system throughout their stores. Second-generation Intel® Core™ processors(2) with Intel vPro technology(3) provide a stable and reliable IT infrastructure, while dual-integrated graphics ports that support both clerk- and customer-facing displays create a rich and engaging customer experience.
The HP rp5800 also enables enhanced manageability and control for retailers through compliance with industry-leading manageability standards, including Intel AMT (Intel vPro), DASH, WMI and DMTF, and support for Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Windows POSReady 2009 and Microsoft Windows® XP operating systems.
With extra memory slots, multiple PCI Express slots and optional optical drives, the HP rp5800 can be customized for a variety of retail environments. It can easily be connected to a range of optional peripherals such as receipt printers, monitors, cash drawers and scanners. New optional peripherals include:
- HP L1506x 15-inch LED Monitor: Utilizing an LED-backlit industrial panel, the HP L1506x Monitor offers increased brightness and a high contrast ratio and supports operating temperatures up to 50 C (122 F), making it ideal for demanding retail environments. The L1506x has a detachable base and standard VESA mounts, allowing it to be mounted to a wall,(4) the rp5800 Integration Assembly or other custom mounting solutions.
- HP Integration Assembly: The HP Integration Assembly is a four-part, mix-and-match kit for retail locations. The Terminal Enclosure provides extra security and protection for cables and I/O ports and against dust, while the Integration Tray Assembly keeps peripherals neatly contained – either secured on top of the HP rp5800 Enclosure Assembly, the Heavy Duty Cash Drawer or directly on the counter. With room for a keyboard, printer and barcode scanner, the flexible design allows for various configurations depending on retailers’ needs. The Pole Mount Assembly and Optional Display Arm Assembly enable the mounting of multiple monitors for customer and employee use.
The flexibility and management features of the HP rp5800 enable it to be used as a manager’s workstation, placed within a kiosk or as a player for HP Digital Signage.
Designed with the environment in mind, the HP rp5800 Retail System is ENERGY STAR® 5.0 qualified, EPEAT® Gold registered and free of brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC).(5) The HP rp5800 Retail System provides retail-hardened reliability to minimize downtime and is backed by a standard three-year limited warranty, extended product life cycle, and parts and services availability.
Expand customer reach with the HP Self-Service Kiosks
HP Self-Service Kiosks are interactive self-service solutions that engage customers with a crisp, 23-inch diagonal, 16:9 LED-backlit BrightView display or an immersive 42-inch diagonal, 1,920 x 1,080 HD touchscreen housed within a secure lockable steel enclosure. Retailers can place the kiosks in any customer-facing environment to run in-store promotions, provide directions or share news and product information.
The HP Self-Service Kiosks use Microsoft Windows 7 Professional operating systems and integrated Virtual Sales Assistant software, which includes an easy-to-use setup wizard that enables retailers to personalize a variety of pre-developed user interfaces, upload custom assets, manage content remotely and assign locations and playlists. As seen in a recent Disney deployment, the technology can be tailored to provide an onscreen host, guiding customers through the interactive applications.
The HP Self-Service Kiosks are available in three configurations:
- Wall & Shelving Mount: Includes an HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite Business PC with a 23-inch diagonal screen for touchscreen interaction, which also can be used to display advertisements or messages when not in use.
- Pro: Includes the HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite Business PC with a 42-inch diagonal HP LD4210 Digital Signage Display mounted above shelf level that can provide messaging to consumers even when the software is in use on the interactive screen.
- Elite: Features the HP LD4200tm Interactive Digital Signage Display, a 42-inch diagonal, touch-enabled, vertical-mounted display delivering HD-quality messaging and content to the user, creating an ideal interactive self-service solution.
Pricing and availability
The HP rp5800 Retail System is expected to be available worldwide early this summer from HP resellers. The HP L1506x 15-inch LED Monitor is now available in North America and Asia-Pacific Japan. The HP Integration Assembly is expected to be available later this summer from HP resellers.
The HP Self-Service Kiosks are expected to be available beginning May 23 in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.