Mitsubishi Electric Announces Launch of 8.4-inch Color TFT-LCD Module for Industrial Use2 min read
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today the launch of its 8.4-inch, SVGA and XGA color TFT-LCD modules featuring white light emitting diodes (LED), a long backlight life. These industrial-use models offer super high brightness and a wide operational temperature range, allowing it to be used in severe, outdoor environments. Sale of the modules begins on June 1, 2011 through the following Mitsubishi Electric sales website: http://www.mitsubishichips.com/Global/network/index.html.
In recent years, TFT-LCD modules have come to be widely used in a variety of indoor and outdoor applications. Modules offering high brightness and a wide operational temperature range are especially required for outdoor applications like digital signage and marine electronics that involve exposure to fluctuating temperatures and brightness. Demand for mercury-free LED backlight models is increasing due to their longer service life and the lack of need for high voltage inverters as well as safety and noise reduction measures.
1) Market-leading super high brightness and wide operational temperature range for outdoor use
– The TFT-LCD modules features super high brightness exceeding 1,000cd/m2 for better visibility in bright, outdoor environments (AA084SB11: 1,200 cd/m2, AA084XB11: 1,000cd/m2).
– A wide operational temperature range of -30 degrees C to 80 degrees C has been achieved, making the module suitable for outdoor applications that involve exposure to severe climatic environments.
2) Long service life and inverter-less backlight realized by using white light emitting diodes (LED)
– At a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius, the LED backlight has a typical operating life of 100,000 hours.
– A high-voltage inverter is not required.
3) Design compatible to current model enabling easy replacement and limited re-design cost
– The TFT-LCD modules are compatible with the current model (8.4-inch SVGA: AA084SB01, 8.4-inch XGA: AA084XB01) in terms of mechanical outline dimensions and the location of mounting holes. Therefore re-design costs can be reduced at the time of replacement.
4) Enviromentally awareness
– The TFT-LCD modules are fully compliant with the European Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS) directive, and are completely mercury-free.
Summary of Sale
Source: Mitsubishi Electric