Digital Signage Expo, the world’s largest and longest-running international conference and trade show dedicated exclusively to digital signage, interactive technology and digital out-of-home networks, announced 30 finalists for its Apex Awards for 2013. The annual DSE Apex Awards honor innovation in the development and deployment of technology in the global DOOH industry. Nominees are the end-use sites of the installation.
Chosen by an independent panel of six industry journalists*, this year’s Apex Award finalistswere named from a field of nearly 90 entrants vying in 10 major digital signage categories. Gold, Silver and Bronze Apex Awards will be presented in each category at a special awards banquet slated for the opening night of DSE 2013 on from 7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 27 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. DSE will also present the Apex Award of the Year to one of the Gold finalists.
The finalists include:
Arts Entertainment & Recreation
- Mansfield Reformatory Preservation Society, nominated by DRM Productions Inc.
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, nominated by Intermedia Touch Inc.
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, nominated by Obscura Digital
Business Industry & Government
- Arsenal Media Fountain of Content, nominated by Arsenal Media
- Christie West Wing, nominated by Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
- San Francisco Public Utility Commission, nominated by Obscura Digital
Education & Health Care
- Florida Hospital — Wesley Chapel, nominated by Sound Stage Inc.
- Saint Louis University, nominated by NEC Display Solutions
- University of Waterloo Stratford Campus, nominated by Westbury National Show Systems Ltd.
- Antron Showroom, nominated by Float4 Interactive
- Dallas Cowboys Stadium, nominated by Gefen
- University of Oregon, nominated by Haivision
Food & Beverage
- Dee Daa Restaurants, nominated by Arsenal Media
- Starbucks Coffee Co., nominated by Starbucks Coffee Co.
- Top of Waikiki Restaurant, nominated by Pacific Digital Signs
- Tourisme Montérégie, nominated by Arsenal Media
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort, nominated by Xpodigital
- Wynn in Las Vegas, nominated by JANUS Displays by Morrow Technologies
- Buffalo Wild Wings, nominated by Wireless Ronin Technologies
- Pepsi, nominated by Intel
- Telenet Mobile — Smart, nominated by SpotScala Inc.
- Clear Channel Spectacolor — Times Square, nominated by Clear Channel Spectacolor
- Rumeli Hisari Castles, nominated by Dreambox Visual Communications
- Westfield Shopping Center, nominated by Scala Inc.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, nominated by Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Connections, nominated by YCD Multimedia
- Holt Renfrew Ltd., nominated by Rose and Thistle Media
- IGITerminal 3 & 1 Airport, nominated by DelhiTimes Innovative Media Limited (Times OOH)
- McCarran International Airport, nominated by Four Winds Interactive
- MTA Subway, nominated by MRI (Manufacturing Resources International)
*About the Independent Panel of Judges
DSE’s Apex Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by an independent panel of six industry journalists, all of whom have long reported on the digital signage sector, have published on the many facets of the industry and are recognized as versant in current industry trends. Judges included:
- Ben Skidmore, Publisher, Digital Signage Solutions
- Lionel Tepper, Managing Director, ScreenMedia Daily
- Tom Leblanc, Editor-in-Chief, Commercial Integrator
- Mike Cearley, Senior Vice President & Partner, Global Social Strategy & Consumer Engagement, Fleishman-Hillard; Author & Publisher, 11th Screen
- Jeff Wooten, Editor, Sign Builder Illustrated
- Richard Lebovitz, Editorial Director, Digital Signage Expo
Digital Signage Expo 2013 is co-located with the Interactive Technology Expo and Digital Content Show. The Exhibition Hall will open on Feb. 27 and 28 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2013 after it was launched in 2004, DSE was the first event dedicated to the digital signage market and has been a significant contributor to the growth of this fast-paced industry. Professional end-user attendance represents decision-makers from key industry categories such as retail, restaurant, health care, education, hospitality and transportation, as well as other key stakeholders, including advertising executives, brand marketers and systems integrators.
Close to 180 exhibitors feature technology and services including hardware, software, network, delivery and content from around the globe. DSE also offers the largest and most diversified digital signage and digital out-of-home educational program anywhere in the world, with more than 100 educators and the largest variety of educational opportunities, including a live installation tour and structured curriculum leading to professional re-certification in eight educational tracks. The 2013 program will be comprised of 16 pre- and post-show educational events, 32 seminars, 40 targeted Industry Vertical Discussion Groups and over 42 free presentations staged in three on-floor theaters.
Source: Digital Signage Expo