Continuing its digital strategy for Germany, Wall AG breaks new ground in digital outdoor advertising: Since August 29, Germany’s first digital outdoor advertising network on public streets is available in Berlin. Under the label “Premium Digital”, advertising customers may, for the first time, book 20 size 18/1 digital City Light Boards (DCLB). The new advertising displays, which are an advanced version of the analogue City Light Boards, allow for maximum flexibility in operating campaigns. BMW, Nike and Vattenfall are the first customers to present themselves on the new digital advertising displays on public streets.
Daniel Wall, Chief Executive Officer of Wall AG: “We consequently focus on digitalization as a key factor for the future of outdoor advertising. After the success of the digital underground station Berlin Friedrichstrasse, we now take a step further and once more turn the German Capital into a showcase for innovative outdoor advertising. For the first time, our new DCLB-network takes digital outdoor advertising out to the streets and offers our advertising customers high-quality digital advertising displays placed in top locations for their campaigns. The new quality of the presentation and the increased speed of our medium inaugurate a new area of outdoor advertising.”
Andreas Prasse, Wall AG’s Head of Sales and Marketing, adds: “The new digital City Light Boards are an additional highlight in the portfolio of WallDecaux Premium Outdoor Sales. On the streets of Berlin, they create new possibilities to adapt campaigns locally as well as temporally. In more specific terms, this means that our advertising customers are now able to vary the content of their digital posters according to the time of day or day of the week and even to select special messages for individual DCLB locations. This allows for maximum flexibility and high creativity in the implementation of advertising campaigns.”
The digital City Light Boards are an advanced version of the analogue City Light Boards. They present themselves in size 18/1 on a 9 m2 LED screen which is ideally suited for the presentation of digital posters on public streets. To ensure traffic safety, advertising messages are exclusively displayed as digital stills. Throughout Berlin, 20 existing City Light Boards, placed in highly frequented locations offering high exposure, were modernized and refurbished with digital technology. The design of the digital City Light Board was created by Berlin based design agency IONDESIGN, in which Wall AG is a partner.
All DCLBs are located on arterial roads of the German capital, for example on Kaiserdamm, at Jakob-Kaiser-Platz, near Kurfuerstendamm and around Messe Berlin (Berlin Exhibition Centre). With three million exposures per week, they guarantee advertising customers a broad reach of their campaigns (source: ma Plakat 2010).
The renowned automobile manufacturer BMW values the strong locations of the new digital City Light Boards, which offer direct exposure to its target group of automobilists. It has therefore taken the opportunity to become one of the first Premium Digital customers, using the new DCLB-network on Berlin’s public streets. “As a media agency, we have observed the development of Wall’s DCLBs right from the beginning. We quickly became convinced that due to their outstanding quality these advertising displays present an ideal communication platform for our customers – especially for BMW: By employing the new medium, BMW underlines its claim of being a first mover in communication. We are convinced that Wall’s new advertising displays will become a milestone of digital outdoor advertising in Germany”, Christian Kaessmann, managing director at Germany’s largest owner- and partner-managed media agency, Mediaplus, points out.
Wall-Group: Key Facts
- International street furniture supplier and outdoor advertiser in four countries and more than 50 metropolises and cities, amongst others in Berlin, Budapest, Duesseldorf, Istanbul and Sofia
- Part of the international JC Decaux cooperation – the number one in outdoor advertising worldwide
- Innovative street furniture in highest quality design; more than 28 different design-lines
- Made to measure solutions provided by in-house research and development unit
- Single-source production, cleaning and maintenance guarantee highest quality standards
- Intelligent outdoor advertising on about 89,800 high profile advertising spaces, including 6,475 advertising spaces on means of transportation such as tramways, busses, underground trains and trucks
- Sales division WallDecaux Premium Outdoor Sales with five regional sales-offices in Germany ensures national marketing competence
- Largest national provider of City Light Poster (CLP) format advertising displays in Germany
- Marketing-portfolio in Germany: analogue and digital advertising displays in 36 cities, AirportNet, ShoppingNet, Leipzig Central Station, Berlinale International Film Festival, bluespot, RollAd truck advertising medium, as well as transit advertising in Berlin, including all underground stations
- Number of employees: 753 (as at December 31, 2010)
Source: Wall AG