NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCDdisplay and projector solutions, announced today the X462UN, a 46-inch ultra-narrow LCD display designed for video wall configurations in professional digital signage environments, including lobbies, public venues, retail stores, transportation facilities and broadcasting.
The new X462UN offers several improvements from the globally successful X461UN, which NEC announced worldwide in early 2009. The diverse input panel, including a new DisplayPort connection, allows full connectivity and maximum flexibility during product implementation. The X462UN also premieres EdgeComp technology, which improves brightness uniformity for a steadier image across the entire video wall. This correction feature operates by decreasing the brightness from the center of the display while maintaining the level of brightness around the left and right edges. There are three brightness settings for the center of the screen, as well as three types of brightness curves for even more control over the total image. The X462UN meets the standards of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) which controls the display through the LAN. Users who adhere to this protocol will experience easier use of LAN control on the X462UN.
The X462UN maintains its predecessor’s ultra-narrow bezel, which allows for a screen-to-screen distance between two neighboring X462UN displays of only 7.3 millimeters. The X462UN can be deployed in matrices of up to 10×10. The barely discernable transition gap between displays ensures a homogenous picture across the matrix.
“Our enhanced X462UN exemplifies NEC’s continued commitment to developing features that advance the digital signage industry, such as our new EdgeComp technology,” said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing for NEC Display Solutions. “In addition to the new features in this display, we’ve included the most popular and beneficial features that our customers request. The X461UN was a huge product for us throughout the past year and a half, and we’re excited to introduce the next generation product.”
The X462UN ultra-narrow display includes the following features:
- Professional-grade LCD panel, advanced thermal protection and sealed panel design for the most formidable digital signage industry requirements
- 1366 x 768 native resolution
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m² typical brightness, 700 cd/m² maximum brightness
- 200W power consumption (less than 2W in standby mode)
- Landscape and portrait orientations
- EdgeComp technology ensures a consistent image across the entire video wall
- SNMP support
- Full connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D digital inputs and Ethernet with automated email notifications for diagnostic purposes
- Built-in expansion slot allows for seamless integration of NEC and third-party components
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including TileMatrixTM (up to 10×10), TileCompTM, copy function, and individual or group ID functions
- Real-time clock allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- RS-232 enables multi-display control and daisy chain capabilities
- Network Control and Communication allows the highest level of remote display management
- Built-in closed captioning enables the decoding and display of text information from a video source
- Windows Vista PremiumTM certified
- ENERGY STAR 5.0
- Optional accessories and products for the X462UN include the Remote/Ambient Control Kit, Overframe Kit, Display Wall Calibrator Color Calibration Kit, stand, wall mount, single board computers, external PC, IPTV tuner, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card
The X462UN will be available in September 2010 at an estimated street price of $4,699 and ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website atwww.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visithttp://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visitwww.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visithttp://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visitwww.advuku.com.
Source: NEC DISPLAY