– Digicom to pioneer new standards in providing clients with up-to-the-minute information
– Industry “poorly served” by current audience measurement systems
Amscreen, Sir Alan Sugar’s recently launched out-of-home digital-signage company, has appointed Digicom, the independent digital media sales house, to handle Amscreen’s media sales nationally across its growing network with immediate effect.
Amscreen (which is run by CEO Simon Sugar) recently announced a major contract win with BP to supply, install and maintain its close proximity signage (CPS) network across BP Connect stores including Wild Bean cafes and Marks & Spencer franchises nationally, initially in 335 stores. It will offer a mix of content using Amscreen’s bespoke ‘Plug and play’ technology, including travel information as well as advertising content provided by Digicom.
Simon Sugar says, ‘We believe the team at Digicom is best placed to deliver the crucial element of national media sales to the Amscreen network. We are partnering an experienced sales house that understands how to sell the unique qualities of the BP proposition as well as future users of the Amscreen network. Tom Goddard and the team at Digicom have shown that they have the ambition and the investment to create a top class technical platform to deliver media revenues. We look forward to working with them as our business grows’.
Tom Goddard, Digicom executive chairman, says, ‘We are delighted to be partnering with Sir Alan and Simon as they establish their business in the Digital marketplace. They are a progressive company known for innovation and they are committed to investing and growing the Amscreen footprint. We believe they will be a market leader in number of screens by 2010.’
‘Digicom intend to be pioneers in providing the kind of up-to-the-minute data which clients want. We also plan to review the whole audience measurement system, since the digital out of home industry is poorly served at the moment.’
Notes to editors (source is Digicom unless otherwise stated)
* Tom Goddard, previously International CEO for CBS Outdoor, officially launched London-based Digicom on January 1st this year
* Digicom is the UK’s only independent ‘Pure Play’ digital media sales house selling at national level to clients, media agencies and outdoor specialists
* The UK outdoor digital market was worth £72m in 2008 (source: Posterscope)
* Digital is now approaching 8% by value of the UK out of home market
* Digital OOH grew by 45% in 2008, faster than the internet (source: Carat)
* The UK is the leading European country in terms of digital market share
* The number of screens carrying advertising in the UK is circa 100,000
* The UK digital out of home market is predicted to grow to £95 million in 2009 (source: Screen Digest)
For more information call Tom Goddard, Executive Chairman, Digicom 02074024140
For all Amscreen enquiries, please contact David Fraser at Frank PR, 020 7693 6999, amscreen [at] frankpr.it