NEC Display Solutions Announces Large-Format Professional Series3 min read
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, today announced the MultiSync® Professional Series, which features the 40” P401 and 46” P461 professional-grade LCD displays. These large-format displays are ideal for quick-service restaurants, airports, public information, healthcare and retail environments.
The MultiSync Professional Series can be seen at InfoComm 09 (NEC Display Solutions Booth No. 5001) on June 17-19 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
With industrial-strength design, a thin bezel and up to double the contrast ratio of the previous MultiSync 20 Series, the MultiSync Professional Series provides all the features required for demanding 24/7 operations. Its Ethernet Control and Communication technology provides the highest level of remote display management, including automated email notification for diagnostic purposes. The P401 and P461 are the first commercial large-format displays to offer DisplayPort, which allows for maximum compatibility and flexibility during product implementation, along with a diverse amount of additional input connectors. The built-in expansion slot enables seamless integration of current and future NEC accessories and third-party components.
“NEC’s new MultiSync Professional Series offers full HD resolution, complete connectivity options and total input flexibility,” said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing for NEC Display Solutions. “The P401 and P461 provide an abundance of advanced features and technologies, making it the perfect solution for areas requiring the highest level of display management, powerful images and robust design.”
The MultiSync P401 and P461 include the following features:
* 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
* Brightness of 650 cd/m2 (max)
* Contrast ratio of 3000:1 (P401, typical) and 4000:1 (P461, typical)
* Premium-grade panel with additional thermal protection for the most demanding digital signage industry requirements
* Sealed panel design, which provides protection against dust, grease and steam in less than optimal environments
* Industry’s most extensive control, diagnostic and communication management tools, including NaviSetTM, Ethernet, RS-232 and DDC/CI
* Enhanced video wall capabilities, including Individual or Group ID functions; copy settings function; TileMatrixTM and TileCompTM
* Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite, which offers more than 30 advanced features making it easier to deploy and manage multi-screen networks
* AmbiBrightTM, which ensures constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition via the ambient light sensor
* Carbon footprint meter, which informs and motivates responsible use of the display by calculating and tracking carbon savings
* Optional accessories and products for the P401 and P461 include the video wall color calibrator, stand, speakers, tilt wall mount kit, digital signage kit, single board computer, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card
The MultiSync P401 and P461 are backed by a 3-year parts and labor warranty including the backlight and will be available for July 2009 shipment with estimated street price of $1,999 and $2,299, respectively.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.
Source: NEC Display Solutions