Highlights file-based media opportunities for broadcast TV, radio, enterprise, retail and non-profit organizations in booth SU 4902.
Wegener Corporation (OTCQB: WGNR.PK), a leading provider of equipment for television, audio and data distribution networks worldwide, today announced its exhibit showcase for the 2011 NAB Show (booth SU 4902). Demonstrations will include Compel® network controlled media applications for broadcast television, radio networks, enterprise, retail and non-profit organizations.
WEGENER® Compel network control systems provide optimized distribution of live and file-based media content to WEGENER media players and receivers. WEGENER creates unique media localization strategies by optimizing control of a vast array of media play-out features. At the 2011 NAB Show WEGENER will highlight the following enhanced localization strategies:
– Video program insertion. Distribute and store video programs or advertisements at each receive site. Remotely schedule local insertions of stored video over a live feed. Alternately, use the stored content to run custom playlists at each site eliminating the need for real time network feeds.
– Efficient radio broadcasting. Pre-position select radio programming, liners, and advertisements at each site. Blend stored content with live programming. Enable each site to record live shows for time-shifted broadcasts.
– Broadcast ‘Signage’. Enhance the live network video feed with unique text and graphic overlays. Schedule video re-sizing at specific times to increase signage opportunities.
– NEW! Open Ingest Digital Signage. Rapidly expand inclusion of local content. Learn how to manage multiple non-technical content contributors with WEGENER’s new Open Ingest Solution.
– Multi-Video Input Digital Signage. Combine digital signage with local video. Add local digital signage content around commercial video feeds without disturbing the existing the network infrastructure.
– NEW! Media Library Access. Personalize the video on-demand viewing experience. WEGENER’s new media library allows end-users to view media on local displays or wirelessly via mobile devices.
WEGENER announces the release of a hardware upgrade for the iPump® 6400 video media server adding flexibility to support more tailored video configurations. The hardware upgrade provides support for HD video, digital signage and the new iPump media library. The iPump 6400 media server can also be used to serve content to mobile devices. For more details visit http://www.wegener.com/PRODUCTS/iPUMP/ipump_6400.php .
WEGENER is exhibiting in booth SU4902, located on the upper floor of the South Hall. WEGENER representatives will also be available for discussion in the Pro Audio Pit (Central hall, C159) sponsored by Technologies for Worship Magazine.
ABOUT THE 2011 NAB SHOW
The NAB Show exhibition will take place 11-14 April, 2011 in Las Vegas. It is the world’s largest electronic media show covering filmed entertainment and the development, management and delivery of content across all mediums. Complete details are available at www.nabshow.com.
WEGENER® (Wegener Communications, Inc.), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wegener Corporation (Nasdaq: WGNR), is an international provider of digital video and audio solutions for broadcast television, radio, telco, private and cable networks. With over 30 years experience in optimizing point-to-multipoint multimedia distribution over satellite, fiber, and IP networks, WEGENER offers a comprehensive product line that handles the scheduling, management and delivery of media rich content to multiple devices, including video screens, computers and audio devices. WEGENER focuses on long- and short-term strategies for bandwidth savings, dynamic advertising, live events and affiliate management.
WEGENER’s product line includes: iPump® media servers for file-based and live broadcasts; COMPEL® Network Control and COMPEL® Conditional Access for dynamic command, monitoring and addressing of multi-site video, audio, and data networks; and the Unity® satellite media receivers for live radio and video broadcasts. Applications served include: digital signage, linear and file-based TV distribution, linear and file-based radio distribution, Nielsen rating information, broadcast news distribution, business music distribution, corporate communications, video and audio simulcasts.
WEGENER® can be reached at (770) 814-4000 or at www.wegener.com.
Melanie Charles – Marketing Manager
e-mail: m.charles [at] wegener.com
INVESTOR RELATIONS CONTACT:
Jim Traicoff – CFO
FAX (770) 623-9648
info [at] wegener.com