NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced a new model to its V Series, the 46-inch V461. Ideal for retail and restaurant markets, as well as indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms, this series allows customers the flexibility required for a basic digital signage implementation.
The V Series can be seen at InfoComm 2010 (NEC Display Solutions Booth No. N903) on June 9-11, 2010 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
The full, 1080p, high-definition brilliance of the V461 makes it valuable for entry-level users. The stunning visual content can be displayed through a variety of comprehensive inputs, including HDMI, DVI-D and 5 BNC connections. Advanced cooling fan-based technology in the V461 eliminates the possibility of overheating, while its ability to be sheltered by touch or protective glass promotes interaction with passersby. Operators are able to monitor and control the V461 over an Ethernet connection and receive email notifications in the event the display encounters an error.
“When a customer needs extensive control over their digital signage while remaining environmentally-friendly and cost-conscious, NEC’s V Series, with its valuable features and comprehensive input panels, is the ideal choice,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “The 46-inch V461 promotes extended use that will drive foot traffic in numerous applications, including retail stores, restaurants and corporate facilities. Full of compelling features, like RS-232 loop-through and ENERGY STAR® 5.0 compliance, this large-format LCD display can fulfill the needs of any entry-level project.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the V461:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- Brightness up to 450 cd/m²
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- Public-display-grade panel, which offers additional protection against image retention
- Advanced cooling fan-based technology, which provides added security with overheating protection
- Landscape or portrait orientation
- Comprehensive input panel, including HDMI, DVI-D, 5 BNC (RGBHV, DVD/HD or composite video), 15-pin D-sub in/out, S-Video and composite video in/out
- Video walls of up to 25 displays in a 5×5 configuration using TileMatrixâ„¢, an improvement from the 4×4 capability in the MultiSync LCD4615
- Picture in Picture (PIP) modes, along with Picture On Picture (POP)
- Improved user color setting, which allows customer to adjust the color at a 6-axis level
- Built-in, round-the-clock scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of content and powering of the display, saving time and energy costs
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- WindowsÂ® Vista-certified
- Touch- and protective glass-ready
- Optional accessories for the V461 include stand, speaker and wall mount
The V461 will be available for June 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $1,199.00. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visit www.advuku.com.
Source: NEC Display Solutions