NEC Display Solutions Adds 52-Inch Professional LCD Display To P Series3 min read
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced the addition of the 52-inch P521 to its P Series, joining the 40-inch P401, 46-inch P461 and 70-inch P701. This industrial strength display is ideal in rigorous 24/7 environments such as airports, public information, rental and staging and healthcare.
The P521 will replace the successful MultiSync LCD5220 by supplying new features and connectivity to previous 52-inch customers. Additions to the new model include DisplayPort for maximum connectivity, Ethernet connection for ease in remote monitoring and more than 30 built-in features as part of its Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite. The Quick input change feature provides fast and easy switching between inputs for customers that require content to continuously run with near-uninterruptible flow. For even more flexibility, customization options allow users to personalize input names by creating individual titles up to 8 characters, such as “Menu PC” or “VidConf”.
“NEC’s new P521 display brings digital signage customers beneficial features that make deployments more effective and long-lasting,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “The P Series battles harsh conditions with a premium-grade panel, including internal temperature sensors, a sturdy mechanical design and a sealed panel design to protect against damaging elements in less than optimal settings. The combination of these advanced features secures the P521 during use and aids in maximizing the display’s lifecycle.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the P521:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- 2000:1 contrast ratio
- Brightness up to 700 cd/m²
- Premium-grade panel with advanced thermal protection and internal temperature sensors for the most demanding digital signage industry requirements
- Sealed panel design, which provides protection against dust, grease and steam in less than optimal environments
- Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite, which offers more than 30 advanced features, making it easier to deploy and manage multi-screen networks
- Broad connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA, DVI-D, BNC (RGBHV), composite, component, S-Video, HDMI
- Flexible control options with Ethernet, RS-232 in/out, IR and DDC/CI
- Built-in expansion slot, which increases the connectivity and methods for displaying content
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function; TileMatrixTM (up to 100 displays in a 10×10 matrix) and TileCompTM
- AmbiBrightTM, which ensures constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition via the ambient light sensor
- Built-in eco-friendly options such as real-time scheduler and carbon footprint meter for calculating and tracking carbon savings
- Built-in IP tuner, which allows users to stream content up to 1080p directly to the display, as well as ATSC/NTCS/Clear QAM signals (P521-AVT version)
- Optional accessories and products for the P521 include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator, SpectraViewIIâ„¢ Color Calibration Kit, stand, Digital Signage Kit, single board computer, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card
The P521 will be available for April 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $2,999. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Extended warranties of 4- and 5-years are available for purchase.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visit www.advuku.com.