NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of a new commercial-grade product line, the E Series. Debuting for this entry-level series are the 32-inch E321 and 42-inch E421, which give corporate users an affordable option for lobbies, boardrooms and small conference rooms, while addressing the display needs of digital signage users in retails stores, waiting rooms, and health clubs.
Due in part to the continuing advancement of the display industry and breakthroughs in technology, NEC is able to offer high-definition resolution, integrated analog/digital tuner and 10W stereo speakers as standard options with this series. The E Series brings corporate and digital signage users the professional performance and looks of the latest large-screen displays in a flexible, affordable digital signage solution. Multiple source inputs allow users to work from a variety of sources and easily maneuver between desired content. These LCD displays feature brightness and contrast levels suitable for most applications, providing vivid image quality and easier viewing in areas with high ambient light such as lobbies and health clubs. Low power consumption in the E321 and E421 reduces energy costs, while the capability to adjust the backlight lowers total cost of ownership.
“The introduction of the E Series brings cost-conscious affordability to those customers looking for entry-level digital signage in their facility,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager at NEC Display Solutions. “Digital signage has evolved in so many facets recently, and NEC strives to provide high quality, long-lasting products that meet a variety of needs within the great range of the industry. The E321 and E421 are attention-grabbing displays that are ideal for showing an array of content, including high-definition images, advertising and news clips.”
The E Series includes the following features:
* High-definition resolution of up to 1920 x 1080
* Up to 4000:1 static contrast ratio
* Low power consumption of less than 190W (E421) and 150W (E321)
* Full connectivity with multiple HDMI input terminals, Analog RGB, S-Video, Composite Video
* Built-in closed captioning, which enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
* Built-in NTCS/ATCS (8-VSB, Clear-QAM) analog/digital tuner
* Built-in low profile 10W stereo speakers
* Built-in swivel stand, which is detachable for wall mount applications
* Multiple picture modes, which adjust the picture appearance for optimum viewing experience
* Advanced video settings, which ensures source material is displayed properly and accurately
* Backlight adjust, which allows users to customize the backlight strength, enabling longer display life and lower power consumption
* Parental control (V-Chip Function), which allows users to block programs based on its rating category
* Input labeling, which allows users to assign labels to various inputs within the onscreen display (OSD)
The E321 and E421 will be available for February 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $499 and $849, respectively. Both displays are backed with NEC’s professional-level 1-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visit www.advuku.com.
Source: NEC Display Solutions