The prestigious Competitive Strategy Leadership of the Year Award recognized Scala for delivering excellence and best practices in its endeavors to grow the digital signage software market.
Scala, leading provider of end-to-end software solutions for digital signage, is distinguished by Frost & Sullivan’s Competitive Strategy of the Year Award in the digital signage software market. Scala accepted the honor at Frost & Sullivan’s 2011 Excellence in Best Practices Awards Banquet in Marco Island, Fla., on April 12, 2011.
“Scala, active for over two decades in this space, has been able to differentiate itself through a proven end-to-end software solution that is robust, scalable and cost-effective for all categories of clients. Additionally, its international footprint and impressive community of channel partners are crucial components of Scala’s longstanding ability to map technology innovation to constantly evolving customer needs.” said Aravindh Vanchesan, Industry Analyst with the Digital Media team at Frost & Sullivan.
The prestigious Competitive Strategy Leadership of the Year Award recognized Scala for delivering excellence and best practices in its endeavors to grow the digital signage software market. Frost & Sullivan used the following criteria to benchmark Scala’s performance against key competitors:
- Leveraging of competitive intelligence: Scala realized early that growth opportunities would come from providing a simple to install and easy to use digital signage offering for small and medium businesses that could not afford traditional digital signage offerings. In 2010, Scala introduced two new cloud based services called SignChannel and Scala QuickStart which is pre-installed on HP’s new SignagePlayers around the world.
- Execution of competitive strategy: Through its new operating strategies and product innovation, Scala has ensured that the total cost of implementing and owning a digital signage network is affordable, thereby reducing barriers to entry for new clients. Frost & Sullivan also selected Scala for this award because its product line—SignChannel, Scala QuickStart and Scala Designer, Content Manager, Player and Ad Manager —are among the most comprehensive in the market. The end-to-end solution gives users the ability to create and refresh content as often as necessary to keep it relevant, engaging and informative.
- Impact on market share: Scala continues to be one of the global leaders in the highly fragmented digital signage software market. The company has consistently grown faster than the market, driving thousands of screens in a range of vertical markets, including retail, banking, transportation, entertainment, government and healthcare.
- Competitive brand positioning: Scala has been providing digital signage software for more than 20 years, and it has superior worldwide brand recognition, as well as an established reputation for quality, reliability and security. In a market with limited turnkey solutions, many customers prefer Scala due to its global presence and ability to provide services in many geographic regions.
- Impact on customer satisfaction and value: Traditionally, Scala has developed and maintained strong working partnerships with the resellers and distributors, which can be seen by its network of more than 500 partners worldwide. This gives Scala a global perspective in understanding the special requirements of customers in different regions. By developing such a large partner network, Scala has been able to leverage this advantage to provide highly customize software solutions and enhance customer satisfaction.
“As a player in the highly competitive global digital signage industry, Scala is honored to be recognized by Frost & Sullivan for our software products and strategies,” said Scala Executive Vice President Jeff Porter. “This award distinguishes the creativity and dedication of Scala’s executive team and employees, and it inspires us to continue the best-in-class pursuit for digital signage innovation.”
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company’s Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO’s Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
Driving more than 500,000 screens worldwide, Scala is a leading global provider of digital signage and advertising management solutions. Scala is the world’s first connected signage company, offering the leading platforms for content creation, management and distribution in digital signage networks and the first unified platform for advertising management of both traditional and digital signage networks. The company’s digital signage customers include Rabobank, IKEA, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, Warner Brothers, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, Repsol, NorgesGruppen, Audi, ECE Flatmedia, Kaufhof (Metro Group) and thousands more. Advertising management customers include CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor and Newad, among others. Scala is headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and has subsidiaries in Canada, The Netherlands, France, Norway, Germany, Japan and India, as well as more than 500 partners in more than 90 countries. More information is available at http://www.scala.com.
©2011 Scala, Inc. 350 Eagleview Blvd. Exton, PA 19341. Scala and the Exclamation Point Logo are registered trademarks of Scala.