ClearOne releases new MagicBox Digital Signage Server3 min read
Also enhances MagicBox WebSuite, a web-based platform offering enterprise applications for digital signage
ClearOne today announced the release of the MagicBox on-premise Entry-Level Server (ELS) to extend its web-based, digital signage offering. The ELS runs MagicBox WebSuite software applications for digital signage, including content creation and asset management inside a browser for a comprehensive content management experience — from design to verification. The ELS is available with upgradable licensing options to support 5, 15 or 25 media players.
Applications included in the ELS are:
- Composer – a flexible application to manage multimedia assets, custom-build layout, schedule & publish projects
- Ad Logger – for network verification of impression analytics
- Audio Manager – for audio playlist creation and management software
Additionally, the ELS offers enterprise-class user access controls for efficient planning and added security. These administrative applications include:
- Library – to upload content and manage content repository
- User Manager – for administering user roles and security levels
- Player Manager – to set up and organize signage players on the network
- Remote Update – for media player firmware updates
In addition to releasing the ELS, the existing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based MagicBox WebSuite is also enhanced with some new features:
- The MagicBox media players can now be configured either to pull or push content and schedule information from the server; allowing customers to manage and publish content from anywhere with an internet connection. Media players can be placed in multiple locations, behind firewalls with private IP addresses and managed both centrally and locally. The media players are not required to have public IP addresses.
- The MagicBox WebSuite software now also supports workgroup and playlist capabilities. Administration of national and local content is simplified by allowing a central administrator to control a common set of playlist content for multiple locations. Users can add unique, local content without impacting other locations.
“With the ELS, customers will greatly benefit from the ability to control and administer full digital signage solutions on their own private and secured networks. With a flexible and scalable architecture and no recurring fees, the total cost of a web-based signage solution is well within reach,” said Tom Searcy, Vice President of the ClearOne Digital Signage Business. “New features in the MagicBox WebSuite software improve the control of multiple media players at one or many locations and also provide flexibility and access for multiple users with different management rights in the system. By offering both the ELS and SaaS models, our digital signage customers now have the option of hosting with either an on-premise server or a cloud-based solution, according to their digital signage requirements and business models.”
The new ELS and the enhancements of MagicBox WebSuite SaaS will be available in November.
ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming and digital signage solutions for audio, video and data multimedia communication. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions enhance the quality of life. ClearOne products offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability and scalability. More information about the company can be found at www.clearone.com
Email: brent.johnson [at] clearone.com