Stellar keynotes and 17 major project reviews distinguish the International Scala Conference 20114 min read
Conference presents reviews of digital signage installations at Burger King and Boux Avenue
The International Scala Conference (ISC), a leading European digital signage conference, takes place in Noordwijkerhout (near Amsterdam) on 14-15 September 2011. The conference offers a wealth of top industry speakers, presentations on 17 top digital signage installations, and a 1000 sq ft Digital Signage Arena.
The ISC 2011 follows the launch of Scala 5 Release 6, Scala’s most comprehensive-ever digital signage Designer, Content Manager and Player Software, offering enhanced video and streaming options, improved HD delivery and increased operating system support. Scala’s VP of Research & Development Peter Cherna will present highlights of the latest developments incorporated in Release 6 and offer visitors a preview of “What is yet to come…”. During the event, visitors are offered a full opportunity to evaluate for themselves the many new features of this significant release.
The stellar speaker programme features major movers and shakers in the European digital signage industry, including:
- An opening address by Gerard Bucas, CEO of Scala, who will review the latest developments at Scala News and put future market developments and trends into context;
- A special keynote by Adrian Cotterill of DailyDOOH, sharing his incomparable experience of the digital signage industry;
- Florian Rotberg of OVAB/Invidis presenting the latest business developments and giving an up to date digital signage market overview;
- Gwen Coble, Retail Solutions Marketing Manager at HP, keynotes on HP’s perspective on the future of digital signage and on HP’s product portfolio including insight into product updates;
- José Avalos Director of Retail and Digital Signage for Intel will speak about “Intel’s involvement in Digital signage and Embedded Retailing”;
- Scala Expert Jeff Porter will present the mid- and long-term Scala roadmap; and
- A further major keynote presentation by James Fine, President, and Stéphane Bastien, Technical Director, Telecine Multimedia.
One of the most popular features of the Scala ISC are the project presentations, showcasing 17 of the most significant digital signage installations of the last year.
This year, the presentations include:
- Burger King UK – a recipe for success that delivered 63% sales uplift;
- Boux Avenue – IAdea photo frames and HD Players showcase high end lingerie;
- Europe’s newest shopping mall – multiple video walls including 17×3, 5×5, 4×3 and more…;
- holyfields – interactive ordering system l for a new quick service restaurant concept;
- New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3 – interactive digital network;
- Hotel Atlantis The Palm Jumeirah – digital signage solution for flagship hotel; and
- Campus News – a new digital signage project for high schools and universities in Poland.
HP will have a major presence as the lead sponsor of the 2011 International Scala Conference, with HP digital signage and performance displays being used throughout the event. Gwen Coble, Retail Solutions Marketing Manager at HP, will be presenting during the International Scala Conference Program, providing HP’s strategic view on the future of the digital signage market and outlining how connected technologies are shaping the digital customer experience and enabling deeper customer engagements. She will also be offering a full overview of HP’s product portfolio and an exclusive insight into a number of significant product updates.
Gwen Coble adds: “It’s incredibly important for HP to work closely with a partner such as Scala in the digital signage market. We’re committed to nurturing and growing strong partnerships to ensure that retailers can rely on us for a high quality customer experience, creating efficient and compelling ways to engage shoppers throughout their entire shopping experience – from home, on the go and in the store.”
The Digital Signage Arena is a further key feature of ISC, offering the opportunity to view the latest product developments of leading companies in the digital signage arena. Featured companies include HP, Intel, NEC, Adder, AOpen, Christie, Datapath, DOBIT, Canvys, IAdea, iBASE, Mdina Media, mediaVue, Nexcom, Panphonics, Peerless, Pufferfish, Step4Media and StreamAlot.
For more information about the International Scala Conference, visit isc.scala.eu
About the International Scala Conference
The International Scala Conference is a pan-European digital signage content and solutions industry conference, and as such it is set to be the essential meeting point for senior technology buyers, distributors, installers and technicians. Visitors of the event will come from all existing and emerging sectors and will be traveling from all countries around the world.
Since its launch in 2000, the conference has grown spectacularly to become the biggest event for Scala Partners. During those 11 years, the audience has become more diverse and dedicated and has acted as a magnet for manufacturers, distributors, integrators and many more. With its emphasis on Scala Digital Signage Solutions, the International Scala Conference has an unmatched reputation for bringing businesses together in this emerging market.
Driving more than 500,000 screens worldwide, Scala is a leading global provider of digital signage and advertising management solutions. Scala is the world’s first connected signage company, offering the leading platforms for content creation, management and distribution in digital signage networks and the first unified platform for advertising management of both traditional and digital signage networks. The company’s digital signage customers include Rabobank, IKEA, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, Warner Brothers, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, Repsol, NorgesGruppen, Audi, ECE Flatmedia, Kaufhof (Metro Group) and thousands more. Advertising management customers include CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor and Newad, among others. Scala is headquartered near Philadelphia, USA, and has subsidiaries in Canada, The Netherlands, France, Norway, Germany, Japan and India, as well as more than 500 partners in more than 90 countries. More information is available at www.scala.com.