Netpresenter brings SharePoint content as Desktop Alerts, Screensaver and Digital Signage2 min read
Netpresenter’s enterprise software suite for visual communications, can now use Microsoft SharePoint content. This allows web managers to actively show SharePoint content as an interactive screensaver, (desktop) presentation or emergency alert pop-up on any screen, ranging from office PCs to kiosks and digital signage screens.
In addition, they can use the same channel to reach all with a visual alert in case of an emergency. True cross media publishing, but from a single source: Microsoft SharePoint.
Microsoft SharePoint is a portal based collaboration and document management platform. Due to its integration with Microsoft Office and flexibility, Microsoft SharePoint is increasingly becoming the standard for corporate content, document and groupware applications.
On the PC desktop, Netpresenter offers the following SharePoint integrated features:
* Interactive PC screensaver – when the workstation has been idle for several minutes, an interactive screensaver with SharePoint headlines appears. Brings the headline news to the staff’s attention without interrupting the work process. The headline messages contain a hyperlink to the full SharePoint article or document, driving traffic to sources such as the intranet;
* Desktop Player – a multimedia slideshow of SharePoint content, to be activated manually by the user or automatically upon computer start up;
* Desktop Alert – when there is an emergency, a highly visual alert message appears on all screens. This can also contain a spoken warning text or alarm sound. This message cannot be stopped by pop-up blockers.
On large screens/ Digital Signage networks, Netpresenter offers the following SharePoint integrated features:
* Digital Signage Player – a dynamic slideshow of key SharePoint content, typically displayed on a widescreen. Video images can be mixed in;
* Digital Signage Alert – when there is an emergency, a highly visual alert message appears on all screens. This can also contain a spoken warning text or alarm sound.