Travelers Rely on Updated Departure Times; Extend Stays When Notified of Flight Delays
Flyte Systems, the leading provider of airport travel information displays and digital signage content for the hospitality industry, digital signage installations, convention centers, and related businesses, announced that the Avenue Crowne Plaza Hotel implemented the FlyteBoard real-time airline flight information display to give guests greater confidence in travel arrangements.
“We are a downtown Chicago property, and guests are always monitoring our two lobby FlyteBoards that show both O’Hare and Midway International Airports,” said Mik Mahdavi, general manager of the Avenue Crowne Plaza Hotel. “Seventy percent of our guests fly in, and it is important for them to know their flight status. Chicago’s airports are national hubs and flights are frequently delayed for hours because of weather elsewhere. Our guests value the updated information and frequently extend their stays with us if their flights are delayed or cancelled.”
Flyte is the only full service flight information display solution that provides real-time departure information.
FlyteBoards Appeal to Group Meeting Planners
Mahdavi noted that providing guests with reliable airport flight information adds a new level of convenience. “From the first day we installed the FlyteBoards in our lobby, we had guests studying the screens for their flight times,” Mahdavi said. “Our salespeople always point out the FlyteBoards to group meeting planners to show our commitment to serving travelers. The FlyteBoards also take pressure off our concierges and front desk staff because guests no longer have to inquire if their flights are on time. This frees up our guest service staff to handle other requests.”
Real-time Flight Information, Not FAA-Regulated Departure Times
What sets Flyte Systems apart from PC-based applications is the ability to post accurate, real-time airline flight arrival and departure information, not FAA-regulated scheduled departure times that do not list delays caused by air traffic control, aircraft maintenance, crew availability and weather.
Flyte Systems offers a suite of products that serve the traveling public: FlyteBoard, FlytePass, FlyteChannel, FlyteTouch, and FlytePad.
- FlyteBoard is a wall, floor, or ceiling mounted high-definition, flat panel screen for lobbies, restaurants, bars, and other public areas, displaying flight information for one or more airports.
- FlytePass combines FlyteTouch with free, secure boarding pass printing. It can be provided as a stand alone or neatly packaged in either an all wood kiosk or an integrated metal kiosk to match your décor.
- FlyteChannel permits guests to view live airport flight information conveniently and comfortably from their in-room television.
- FlyteTouch enables individual guests to search flight information using an interactive touch screen that displays real-time flight arrivals and departures for one or more airports.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad, enabling hotel staff to provide guests with airline information anywhere and anytime.
Many hotel properties also use Flyte Systems’ applications to increase revenue with innovative marketing approaches for distressed travelers. For tips on how to generate revenue by providing guests with Flyte Systems airline information, please log on to the Flyte Systems website at www.flytesystems.com.
About Flyte Systems
About Avenue Crowne Plaza Hotel
The Avenue Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites Chicago Downtown is a stunningly contemporary urban hotel in downtown Chicago, IL, that offers cosmopolitan comfort and relaxation for business and leisure travelers. With its vibrant city vibe, high-tech hospitality and hip Windy City style, The Avenue is a luxury boutique hotel in downtown Chicago that’s transcends ordinary. With its bold, modern architecture, alluring ambiance, and energetic city feel, our distinctive Chicago hotel is a shining beacon of hospitality on the Chicago skyline. Click here for more information or to book a reservation.
Debbie Kalish, Account Executive
3515 Martens Street
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Phone: (877) 463-5983
Email: Debbie.Kalish [at] flytesystems.com
Julie Keyser-Squires, APR
Email: julie [at] softscribeinc.com
Source: Flyte Systems