NEC Display Solutions Adds Powerful 46-Inch and 52-Inch LED-Backlit Displays to Award-Winning Super-Slim Portfolio
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of two super-slim displays to its specialty X Series portfolio. The 46-inch X462S and 55-inch X552S large-screen displays are the latest additions to NEC’s award-winning family of digital signage.
These industrial-strength, full HD LCD displays leverage LED backlighting technology, which delivers improved power consumption and provides flexibility for a variety of installations, including those requiring Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliance (when used with select display mounts). Measuring a mere 1.8 inches deep, the X462S and X552S are not only super-slim and ultra light, these displays also deliver a maximum brightness of 700 cd/m². As a result, the most challenging applications in retail, hospitality and government can be addressed and met.
In addition, these super-slim displays include the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) slot, an industry-wide standardization designed to simplify installations, use and maintenance of digital signage. Users receive full connectivity, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D, as well as remote management through the Network Control and Communication tools.
“These new super-slim displays underscore NEC’s commitment to innovation and give more options to organizations looking to fulfill their digital signage and communications strategies,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager of Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “As part of our comprehensive solutions approach, we also are offering these models bundled with high-performance single board computers to help customers quickly implement digital signage and enhance their brand images.”
The X462S and X552S displays include the following features:
- LED backlighting technology, which reduces power consumption and contributes to a lightweight design with minimal 1.8-inch depth
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components, which enable extended run times
- 1920 x 1080 full HD native resolution, which provides stunning image clarity
- 500/700 cd/m² brightness (typical/maximum) and 3000:1 contrast ratio delivering brilliant imagery
- DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D (in/out), which enable connectivity to a wide range of peripherals
- RS-232C, LAN and DDC/CI for external control
- TileMatrix™, which facilitates video walls up to 100 displays in 10 x 10 configurations
- Optional color-calibration solution, which enables color uniformity and fidelity across individual and multiple screens
- Real-time clock, which has the ability to set schedules for on/off times 24/7 and can be set to warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Built-in ATSC digital tuner (SB-03TM), which allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (X462S-AVT and X552S-AVT models only)
- Bundled solutions, which include an X Series display and a single board computer (OPS-PCAF-WS) for simple digital signage (X462S-PC and X552S-PC models only)
The X462S and X552S are available at minimum advertised prices of $1999 and $3099, respectively. The X462S-AVT and X552S-AVT models are priced at $2199 and $3299, while the X462S-PC and X552S-PC cost $2949 and $4049, respectively. All six products ship with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
Source: NEC Display Solutions