NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the 42-inch V423 LCD display, a high-performance addition to its commercial-grade V Series that utilizes LED backlighting for improved power consumption and a slimmer cabinet depth.
Delivering a 46 percent decrease in power consumption compared to its predecessor, the V423 large-screen display maintains its remarkable brightness. Its edge-lit LED backlight enables a slimmer cabinet depth and lightweight design, providing flexibility for a variety of installations. With a full HD panel, integrated temperature sensors and fans, the V423 large-screen display is ideal for applications that require extended use, including retail stores, restaurants, indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms.
The V423 also features built-in, 10-watt speakers and an Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) compliant expansion slot. This future-proofs the display and allows for the seamless integration of a computer or other NEC/third-party accessories. Moreover, video, RS-232 control and power are passed internally from the display to the computer, eliminating additional cabling and simplifying installations.
“The V423 display’s brilliant imagery captures an audience’s attention, while simultaneously delivering economic and environmental benefits,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager of Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “With LED backlighting, users will find an attractive total cost of ownership, one that is a model for the digital signage industry.”
The V423 includes the following features:
- LED backlighting technology for reduced power consumption
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components, which enable extended run times
- 1920 x 1080 full HD native resolution, which provides stunning clarity
- 320/450 cd/m² brightness (typical/maximum) and 1300:1 contrast ratio for brilliant imagery
- DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D (in/out), VGA 15 pin D-sub (Composite, Component, S-Video), which enable connectivity to a wide range of peripherals
- RS-232C, Ethernet (RJ45), IR Remote, DDC/CI for external control
- Built-in, 10-watt speakers enhance the experience with superior sound
- TileMatrix™, which facilitates video walls up to 10 x 10
- Built-in ATSC digital tuner, which allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (V423-AVT model only)
- Bundled solution, which includes a V423 display and single board computer (OPS-PCAF-WS) for simple digital signage (V423-PC model only)
- Optional accessories, including speakers, stand, a variety of internal and external computers, digital tuner, calibration kit and wall mount
The V423 display is available at a minimum advertised price of $899. The V423-AVT and V423-PC models are priced at $1099 and $1699, respectively. All products ship with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
Source: NEC Display Solutions