NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the third generation of its commercial-grade E Series. The series includes the 32-inch E323, 42-inch E423, 46-inch E463 and 55-inch E553 models, which aim to provide a cost-effective digital signage solution for education and enterprise customers. E Series displays are also targeted for use in retail stores, quick-service restaurants, healthcare waiting rooms and fitness centers.
Affordably priced, the edge-lit LED backlighting of these models allows a thinner, lighter product that is easier to install and maintain. This reduces cost associated with shipping, warehouse storing, installing and servicing large-screen displays. Additionally, the LED backlighting consumes up to 56 percent less power resulting in a lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The commercial-grade panel allows a three-year warranty and reliably displays digital signage throughout a normal workday.
The NEC E Series includes up to full HD resolution and three HDMI inputs. Its RS-232C technology is used to remotely manage, control and sync multiple displays. E Series products also include a USB media player for user-friendly display of .jpg images.
“In addition to providing a reduced TCO, the edge-lit LED backlighting makes the new NEC E Series an eco-friendly display choice,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager for Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “LED backlighting technology eliminates the use of hazardous materials, such as mercury, in the display. We are confident customers will be happy with the impact of this product on both their wallets and the environment.”
E Series displays include the following features:
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM analog/digital tuner allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities
- Built-in low profile stereo speakers enhance the experience with superior sound
- Up to full HD resolution and 4000:1 contrast ratio provide stunning imagery
- Edge-lit LED backlighting enables a thinner, lighter display with reduced power consumption to lower TCO
- Three HDMI inputs enhance best-in-class connectivity
- Built-in closed captioning enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Detachable stand
- Multiple picture modes adjust the picture appearance for optimum viewing experience
- Advanced video settings ensure source material is displayed properly and accurately
- Backlight adjust customizes the strength of the LED backlight, enabling longer display life and lower power consumption
- Parental control (V-Chip Function) allows users to block programs based on the rating category
- Input labeling allows users to assign labels to various inputs within the onscreen display (OSD)
- Optional accessories include wall mount kit (WMK-3257), accessory pack (MIS513) and external single board computer (TNETPC-AF-WH)
The E323, E423, E463 and E553 will be available in November 2012 at a minimum advertised price of $419, $649, $829 and $1279, respectively. All four displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
Source: NEC Display Solutions