JCDecaux Airport Paris, the new joint venture owned by Aéroports de Paris and JCDecaux on a 50/50 basis, has unveiled a range of future-facing advertising solutions. Developed by JCDecaux Airport Paris, the new media space will be introduced from January 1, 2012 and will provide advertisers with a range of new opportunities and the very latest in digital technology. JCDecaux Airport Paris aims to make the airports managed by Aéroports de Paris among the world’s most effective and innovative airport hubs for advertising and communications.
JCDecaux Airport Paris will launch the innovative Brand Experience System that will offer passengers a range of high-impact brand experiences. The Brand Experience System comprises:
– Passenger Tracking: a sequence of multimedia messages that shadows the passenger journey throughout the terminal using 400 70” screens located at regular intervals across Paris’ airports.
– A Aesthetic Impact: digital walls, huge screens including a 39m2 digital screen (the first of its kind in an airport in Europe), totems (designed by Patrick Jouin), Giant Light Boxes and experiential wall-wraps will provide unmissable impact for brands.
– A Retail Experience: Puts the product centre-stage with Digital Shopping (messages updated in real-time and special offers), Giant Light Boxes targeting the retail area and promotional activity including Stands.
– A Digital Engagement: creating a dialogue with consumers in real-time with Interactive Digital screens.
– Useful Services: Aéo and service-oriented spaces will provide passengers with practical information, games, news, etc.
– A Positive Surprise: where the brand creates an exceptional event at the location of its choice.
The Brand Experience System creates a whole new world of opportunities for brand advertising in airports. It combines real-time communications with location-specific information: advertisers may, for example, target air passengers in their native language in the arrival and departure zones. The key advantages of the Brand Experience System are exclusivity, engagement and flexibility.
JCDecaux Airport Paris commissioned the renowned architect-designer Patrick Jouin to create totems and digital displays specifically for the Paris airports. The well-designed media sites and the cutting-edge technology will make Paris’ airports a showcase for airport advertising.
François Rubichon, Aéroports de Paris Deputy CEO and Chairman of JCDecaux Airport Paris, said: “This partnership with JCDecaux marks a further step in our drive to improve the quality of service to our passengers. By offering modern, interactive and engaging advertising media space, we are helping to define the airport of the future. By drawing upon JCDecaux’s expertise, we have created innovative advertising that will enhance the airport for our passengers.”
Jean-Charles Decaux, co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “Aéroport de Paris is a unique environment for advertisers to communicate with audiences on the move. It is a high value-added, upmarket and regulated area, where communications enhance a brand’s status and impact. This unique Brand Experience System is at the cutting-edge of new technology and represents our vision of the airport of the future. As the world’s No. 1 in airport advertising, JCDecaux continues to innovate to provide our clients with media solutions that are in line with their marketing and commercial expectations.”
About Aéroports de Paris
Aéroports de Paris builds, develops and manages airports including Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly and Paris-Le Bourget. With 83.4 million passengers handled in 2010, Aéroports de Paris is Europe’s second-largest airport group in terms of airport passenger traffic and the European leader for freight and mail.
With an exceptional geographic location and a major catchment area, the Group is pursuing its strategy of adapting and modernizing its terminal facilities and upgrading quality of services, and also intends to develop its retail and real estate business. In 2010, the group revenue stood at 2,739 million euros and the net income at 300 million euros.
JCDecaux is the No.1 outdoor advertising company worldwide. The Group is also the world leader in airport advertising, with a presence in 184 airports, 18 countries and at the large international airport platforms including Paris, London, Frankfurt, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing and Singapore.