NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of the 55-inch V551 and V551-AVT with integrated tuner to its V Series. These commercial-grade models are ideal for corporate lobbies, conference rooms, quick-service restaurants and small-to-medium businesses.
The V551 offers full 1080p high-definition resolution with stunning detail and crisp imagery. Its commercial-grade LCD panel is designed for digital signage use. Built-in features include an expansion slot for seamless integration of NEC accessories, third-party components and OPS-based products, as well as integrated 10W speakers. A 20% depth reduction from NEC’s previous generation 55-inch displays, while adding expansion slot support, enables more flexibility during installation. Expanded connectivity options, including a DisplayPort connection and DVI digital loop-through, allow for use with the latest peripherals.
“The introduction of the V551 completes the V Series lineup with a full range of sizes from 32-inches to 65-inches,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager for Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “Users with lobby signage or digital menu boards will especially welcome the expansion slot and remote monitoring capabilities. V Series models are a great solution for customers that need a more rugged display at a frugal price.”
- Commercial-grade, sealed panel design with advanced cooling capabilities
- Brightness of 350 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio of 3000:1
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Expansion slot supports the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the industry’s first standardized option slot that simplifies digital signage installations
- Enhanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Remote diagnostics and external control, including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote, DDC/CI
- TileMatrix™ technology (up to 100 displays)
- Real-time clock has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Optional accessories and products for the V551 include stands, wall mounts, external PCs and media players
The V551 and V551-AVT will be available in November 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $2,699 and $2,899, respectively. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Email: kmeister [at] necdisplay.com
Source: NEC Display Solutions