Eco-Friendly Mobile Projector Utilizes Solid State LED Light Source
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today a brand new addition to the NEC projector line. The new L50W, a lightweight LED digital projector, was designed for traveling business users.
The L50W is a 500-lumen LED projector that is designed to provide environmentally conscious, on-the-go users with a mobile projector full of multimedia functionality. The LED solid state light source provides a mercury-free design that encourages improved total cost of ownership with a lower budget that doesn’t need to include lamp purchases. Weighing only 2.6lbs and about the size of a hardcover novel, this new model includes an integrated power supply and appealing design. Its intuitive remote control provides one-touch source changes and complete menu control for projector settings. The L50W offers a flexible input panel with HDMI, VGA and composite inputs, as well as 1GB internal memory to store presentations and allowing users to leave the laptop at the office. The Office Viewer feature enables users to store common Microsoft Office file formats on the L50W, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Adobe PDF documents. Its SD input expands the internal storage up to 32GB.
“The L50W is an entirely new product for NEC and offers our traveling customers an effortless method of presenting,” said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “Its automated features and versatile input panel simplify setup, while its powerful performance provides technologies on which our customers depend.”
The L50W includes the following features:
- LED solid state light sources provides a mercury-free design
- 500-lumen brightness
- 2500:1 contrast ratio
- 0.45″ DLP by Texas Instruments® — 1140 x 912 WXGA native resolution
- Light source life up to 20,000 hours
- Filter-free design eliminates the hassle and time spent monitoring and changing filters
- Connectivity includes HDMI, VGA and composite
- 1GB internal memory and SD input (expands storages up to 32GB) supports select video, photo, audio, Microsoft Office and Adobe files
- Video files supported include MJPEG (AVI), MPEG2, H.264 (AVI, MOV, MP4, 3GP) and WMV
- Still image support includes JPEG and BMP
- Audio file support includes MP3, WMA and Wave
- Office Viewer supports Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF
- Flash card reader supports SD, SDHC and MMC
- 2-watt speaker
- Built-in wall color correction presets provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- Built-in closed captioning enables the decoding and display of text information from a video
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode™, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
- 10-step magnification with location control allows you to zoom in on key information
The L50W projector ships with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in October 2011 at an estimated street price of $799, including the first year of InstaCare. Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Email: kmeister [at] necdisplay.com
Source: NEC Display Solutions