OPS-Compatible V422 Includes Expansion Slot, DVI Loop-Through and Built-in Speakers
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the 42-inch V422 and V422-AVT with integrated tuner as additions to the commercial-grade V Series, which offers digital signage users a cost-effective solution.
Featuring a public-display-grade panel to protect against permanent image retention, the V422 and V422-AVT join the V462, V462-AVT, V651 and V651-AVT displays and are ideal for retail stores, restaurants, indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms. An upgrade from the V421, this model has built-in low-profile 10-watt speakers and a expansion slot that allows for seamless integration of NEC accessories, third-party components and Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) products. The V422 also features a DVI loop-through option, whereby customers can pass a digital signal from one device to the next, eliminating the need for additional hardware, such as a DVI daisy chain module. Popular V Series features, such as Ethernet and RS-232 control, real-time scheduler and text ticker, are incorporated into the V422.
“This 42-inch addition to our second generation V Series lineup gives our customers more options when looking for the most current technologies in a broad range of sizes,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager for Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The expansion slot capability is a significant benefit for first-generation V Series customers looking to upgrade their displays, as it provides greater flexibility and future-proofing for the projects to come. It truly lets each user customize the installation for almost any digital signage application.”
The V422 and V422-AVT include the following features:
- Commercial-grade, sealed panel design with advanced cooling capabilities enables installation in demanding environments
- Maximum brightness of up to 500 cd/m² and contrast ratio of 1300:1 ensures superior image quality
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution showcases even the smallest details
- Built-in expansion slot supports the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the industry’s first standardized option slot that simplifies digital signage installations
- Enhanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Enhanced loop-through capability with DVI-D reduces the need for additional hardware
- Improved mechanical design with slimmer depth
- Remote diagnostics and external control, including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote, DDC/CI
- TileMatrix™ technology (up to 100 displays)
- Real-time clock has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warmup 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Text ticker enables the display of emergency warnings or breaking news updates in a dedicated portion of the screen
- Programmable lookup tables (LUT) and 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Protective-glass and touch-panel-ready design
- Built-in NTSC/ATSC analog/digital tuner allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (V422-AVT only)
- Optional accessories and products include stands, wall mounts, external PCs and media players
The V422 and V422-AVT will be available in September 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $979 and $1079, respectively. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Email: kmeister [at] necdisplay.com
Source: NEC Display