CAT-Switch’s unique design simplifies the task of routing video input from multiple computers to multiple displays located throughout large spaces. Each input can be routed to one or more outputs located up to 1,500 feet away using our video extenders and common CAT5 cable. CAT-Switch creates a cross pattern of interconnecting configurations known as a video matrix router.
The CAT-Switch independent switching matrix comes in 8×8, 8×16 and 16×16 configurations. Enhanced models come with full Infrared, RS/232 and TCP/IP support. Infrared gives you the ability to control both the matrix switch and the devices with a remote control while RS/232 support allows you to send commands and receive input data. TCP/IP support enables you to control CAT-Switch from any location over the Internet.
Key features and benefits of the CAT-Switch include:
- Switches 8 or 16 inputs to any 8 or 16 outputs for unmatched design flexibility.
- Switch signals from devices located up to 1,500 feet apart.
- CAT-Switch is a full non-blocking switching matrix.
- HD compatible (720p, 1080i, 1080p).
- Supports high resolution video up to 1900×1200.
- Sends crystal clear stereo audio.
- Sends high-resolution VGA, stereo audio, RS232 or IR.
- Compatible with Video Composite, S-Video, Component and XVGA.
- Increases productivity by providing access to 16 computers from 16 workstations.
- Can be controlled via software interface, remote control, Internet or RS/232.
SmartAVI founders are the pioneers of video extension over cat5. They were the first to send video through CAT5 over such extreme distances with unprecedented precision and clarity.
Applications for SmartAVI’s CAT-Switch Video Matrix Switch Include;
Enables easy access to multiple servers in various locations. Facilitates data sharing among departments.
Safeguards the servers by storing them in a secure and climate controlled environment while still providing access from the production floor.
Saves in equipment costs, physical space and utilities expense.
Increases productivity by facilitating testing and performance evaluation of software and equipment, on multiple servers, from a single keyboard mouse and monitor station.
Can be used in multimedia presentations, where the information is transmitted from various computers.
For more info about the SmartAVI’s CAT-Switch log on to http://www.smartavi.com/categories/video-switches/cat5-switches/catswitch.htm
a division of Applica, Inc.
3111 Winona Avenue Suite 101
Burbank, CA 91504
Tel: (818) 565-0011 Fax: (818) 565-0020