NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, today announced the 46-inch MultiSync® X461HB high-bright professional display. This new model is enhanced by more than 30 advanced features of the Digital Signage Technology Suite that allow it to stand out in heavily-lit environments.
With a brightness measurement at 1500 cd/m² and remarkable contrast ratio of 3500:1, the MultiSync X461HB boasts 110% higher brightness than NEC’s previous-generation displays. The MultiSync X Series display is ideal for environments heavy with ambient light, such as corporate lobbies, atriums and restaurants.
“NEC’s new MultiSync X461HB high-bright display provides an extraordinary amount of brightness that outperforms displays using standard settings, allowing it to be truly noticeable in environments where typical, standard brightness would normally seem dim or washed out,” said Jean McLaughlin, Senior Product Line Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “Its advanced features detect nearby light and automatically adjust the display according to its surroundings. Having a brilliant display in a highly-trafficked, brightly-lit area is crucial to getting a message across, and the MultiSync X461HB’s unrivaled screen performance is the essential solution to these elements.”
The MultiSync X461HB includes ambient light sensor technology, which automatically adjusts the backlight depending on the ambient lighting brightness and maximizes the power management feature. Its advanced thermal protection begins with an extra thermal layer on the display panel to diffuse heat and follows with a fan-based technology specifically designed to work in both landscape and portrait modes. Internal temperature sensors control self-protective circuits, while special self-diagnostics communicate the status of thermal characteristics. The thermal protection can be monitored and controlled both locally and remotely.
The MultiSync X461HB accommodates components such as the MPD-SBC-8/16-2 single-board computer, SB-L008WU DVI daisy-chain module or SB-L007KK HD-SDI card by fully integrating it into the unit’s expansion slot. This provides a cost-effective way to source and manage display content, and it eliminates the need for external distribution equipment and power supply, thus providing for a clean look that simplifies installation and reduces maintenance without compromising quality.
The MultiSync X461HB includes the following features:
* Professional-grade LCD panel and components for the most demanding digital signage industry requirements
* 1360 x 768 WXGA native resolution in true 16:9 aspect ratio
* Brightness of 1500 cd/m2
* Contrast ratio of 3500:1 (typical)
* Built-in expansion slot, which allows for seamless integration of current and future NEC accessories and third-party components
* Sealed panel design, which provides protection against dust, grease and steam in less than optimal environments
* Carbon footprint meter, which informs and motivates responsible use of the display by calculating and tracking carbon savings
* Ethernet Control and Communication technology, which provides the highest level of remote display management and includes such features as automatic email notification for diagnostic purposes
* Diverse input connectors, which allow for maximum compatibility and flexibility during product implementation
* Improved auto-detection scheme, which quickly finds new connections and allows for user customization of input selection
* Optional speakers and stand
The MultiSync X461HB is backed by a 3-year parts and labor warranty including the backlight and will be available for July 2009 shipment with estimated street price of $3,899.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.
For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
Source: NEC Display Solutions