New solutions announced at National Retail Federation convention optimize retail experience
HP unveiled new offerings designed to help retailers meet the needs of shoppers in multichannel retailing environments.
The products and solutions announced at the National Retail Federation convention include:
- The HP Imaging Barcode Scanner, which reads 1-D and 2-D barcodes printed or displayed on mobile devices, and captures images.
- HP LD4201, HP LD4210 and HP LD4710 LCD Digital Signage Displays, ranging from 42 to 47 inches diagonally with embedded HP Media Sign Player technology that enables plug-and-play convenience for dynamic digital advertising.
- A new independent software vendor (ISV) program for large retailers in the enterprise digital signage and interactive in-store media markets, offered by HP with industry-leading software companies.
“Customers are increasingly sophisticated, and HP’s new solutions provide retailers with efficient and compelling ways to engage customers throughout their entire shopping experience – from home, on the go and in the store,” said Ray Carlin, vice president, Retail Solutions Global Business Unit, HP. “Our ongoing investments in comprehensive software and hardware solutions enable our customers to differentiate themselves from the competition, build customer loyalty and ultimately help grow their bottom line.”
Scanner for modern retailers
The HP Imaging Barcode Scanner is broadly functional, featuring 1-D and 2-D omni-directional barcode scanning, mobile device scanning and the ability to capture images. Retailers looking to future-proof the level of information they are able to capture about their customers and merchandise preferences have the ability to scan a coupon or customer loyalty barcode from a mobile device or scan a driver’s license to verify age.
Designed with the user in mind, the HP Imaging Barcode Scanner features an intuitive aiming pattern, enhanced motion tolerance, and sound and light indicators to signal a successful read. Its ergonomic, lightweight design allows standard handheld trigger use as well as automatic movement recognition when operated hands free.
Digital signage displays for a dynamic marketplace
HP’s latest digital signage displays are smarter, slimmer and more comprehensive than ever:
- The HP LD4201 Digital Signage Display is the ideal solution for business owners who manage their own in-store advertising. This contemporary 42-inch diagonal display showcases full high-definition (HD)(1) images and is built to run up to 14 hours per day, enabling an affordable and attractive signage solution. It also comes with a standard two-year limited warranty vs. typical one-year warranties available for televisions.
- The commercial-grade HP LD4210 and LD4710 Digital Signage Displays are 42- and 47-inch diagonal models, respectively, and offer continuous full HD(1) native resolutions. They feature an Ethernet port for LAN/network connections to the displays and include HP Network Sign Manager software for “on the fly” settings changes from a single source via the network. DisplayPort “in” and “out” provide compatibility with HP’s digital signage players and help simplify cabling requirements for video walls.(2) They also come with a standard three-year limited warranty.
All models are embedded with HP Media Sign Player technology for simple and straightforward media playing from the display. Pictures, movies and music(3) can loop from a USB stick for the plug-and-play convenience of dynamic digital advertising without the need for a PC or software installation. Visual content is clear and easily readable in areas of high ambient light due to the displays’ high brightness and 1,200:1 contrast ratio.(4)
Each digital signage display also is equipped with Scaler technology that facilitates creating daisy chains of up to 25 displays for video walls of larger-than-life imagery. Additionally, all feature slim bezels to help create a more “natural” image when tiled in large video walls – the bezels on the LD4210 and LD4710 are about half the width of their predecessors’ bezels.
HP Digital Signage Display wall mounts, speakers and stand kits also are available.(5)
Global ISV program and relationships
HP’s new ISV program expands the digital signage market for larger retailers and helps software companies succeed by assisting with business and technical challenges.
Program participants, including leading digital signage and in-store media software companies, provide certified hardware configurations optimized for smooth and reliable operation. Software companies work jointly with HP’s technical, marketing and regional sales organizations to serve customers.
Charter members include Broadsign, C-nario, Four Winds Interactive, Omnivex, Reflect Systems, Scala and YCD Multimedia.
HP at the National Retail Federation Convention and Expo
HP is showcasing its latest technology for retailers in booth 451 at the National Retail Federation Convention and Expo at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. Conference attendees can experience HP’s entire portfolio of retail-focused products and services, including point-of-sale solutions, digital signage, self-service kiosks, managed print services, cloud-based printing and mobility solutions.
Pricing and availability
The HP Imaging Barcode Scanner is planned to be available in the United States, Canada and Latin America beginning this month, with worldwide availability to follow. For pricing information, contact a local HP sales representative or authorized HP reseller.
The HP LD4201, LD4210 and LD4710 Digital Signage Displays are expected to be available starting Feb. 1 in the United States, Canada and Latin America, and in March in the Asia Pacific and Japan region. The HP LD4210 is planned to be available in Europe in March. Reference list pricing in the United States is $1,299 for the LD4201, $1,499 for the LD4210 and $1,999 for the LD4710.(6)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.