NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the worldwide availability of its new LED modules for indoor and outdoor video wall installations. The move into this segment enhances NEC’s leading position in the professional-grade digital signage space.
The LED-06AF1 indoor LED module is ideal for retail stores, shopping malls and broadcast studios. Its outdoor companion, the LED-15BF1, is designed for sports arenas, airports and billboards for advertising. Both versions of the LED module operate under the “true pixel” principle, by which each red, green and blue light-emitting diode forms one single pixel. This allows for better color depth and more accurate images, especially with a video processor that offers adaptive de-interlacing, frame rate conversion and low latency processing. Its control software allows for the auto mapping of pixel allocation and auto locating, ensuring each module receives the correct image quadrant.
“Delving deeper into the digital signage industry allows NEC to offer a product for virtually every application imaginable, and most importantly, a single point of contact for all types of display needs,” said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display Solutions. “The LED modules will be most useful to customers with large capacities and elevated audience quantities, such as transportation hubs, concert venues, sports facilities and shopping malls. Whether a permanent or mobile application, the indoor and outdoor LED modules from NEC can deliver the utmost in brightness, image quality and ease in video wall setup.”
- Professional-grade quality
- 2000- and 7500-NIT brightness
- 6mm and 15mm pixel pitch
- 3500:1 and 4500:1 contrast ratio
- >800Hz refresh rate
- DVI-D DualLink interface
- 14- and 16-bit color processing allows for the highest image quality
- Nichia LED lamp creates the longest LED life available for a video wall
- IP65 protection rating on LED-15BF1 ensures proper protection from extreme outdoor environmental conditions
- Auto video wall setup speeds up and eases the installation process by removing the hassle of predetermining the matrixing normally found in splitting the signal into its respective quadrant
- Dot-to-dot correction to ensure high dot pitch accuracy
- Industry-leading contrast using black LED and improved shader to reduce reflections (LED-06AF1 only)
- Dimming controls determine the brightness of each module
- Front and rear ports for servicing needs
- LED Wall Manager Control Software, wall mounting solution, cables, video distributor and processor are available
The indoor and outdoor LED modules will be available in October 2010 and ship with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty. Both modules will be build-to-order with a 120-day lead time.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website atwww.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visithttp://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visitwww.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visithttp://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visitwww.advuku.com.