DisplaySearch, the worldwide leader in display market research, today announced the final agenda for its upcoming Digital Signage Conference, to be held on August 17 in San Jose, California, as part of the company’s August Conference Series. The conference will bring together speakers from all facets of the digital signage supply chain with presentations on near and long-term digital signage opportunities in vertical markets, such as retail, healthcare, restaurants, education, entertainment, hospitality and transportation, among others.
“With a solid line up of speakers at this year’s event, the DisplaySearch Digital Signage Conference is a must attend event for anyone doing business in this segment,” noted Chris Connery, DisplaySearch Vice President of Large Format Commercial Displays. “Conference attendees will have access to our latest industry data and market forecast and insight of the digital out of home display segment, and insight from key executives from leaders in the industry.”
Digital Signage Conference Agenda
- Welcome, Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, Analyst Services, DisplaySearch
- Digital Signage Market Overview, Chris Connery, Vice President PC and Large Format Commercial Displays, DisplaySearch
Session I: Commercial-Use Displays through the Eyes of the FPD/IT Industry
- A Look Into How the Quest for Visual Impact is Driving LCD Trends, Chris Bradley, Sales Manager, AUO
- Super-Narrow Bezel LCDs and New Market Opportunities, Benedict Ahn, Director, DID Sales and Marketing Team, LCD Business, Samsung Electronics
- New Subsidized Business Models to Bring Digital Signage to the Masses, Jeff Dowell, Vice President, Digital Signage Business Solutions, LG Electronics
- The Processor at the Core of Digital Signage; One CPU per Display? Jose Avalos, General Manager, Embedded & Communications Group, Intel
- Leveraging the Channel for Solution Selling; a Paradigm Shift, Rick Albert, Vice President, Flat Panel Display, Panasonic Solutions Company
Session II: New Digital Signage Business Models – Where Does Digital Advertising Fit Within the Marketing Mix?
- How Display Providers Can Help Cross the Chasm Between Traditional Media and Digital Place-Based Media (OOH), Ashley Flaska, Vice President of Marketing, NEC Display Solutions
- Perceptions of One of the US’s Top Ten Advertising Agencies Regarding where Digital Signage Fits into Today’s Media Mix, Tom Talbert, EVP, Director Media Services, Campbell-Ewald
- Push or Pull? How is Digital Place-Based Media Getting on Today’s Media Plans and What are the Challenges and Opportunities to Grow this Market? Jack Sullivan, SVP OOH Director, Starcom Worldwide
Session III: VARs, Distributors and End-User Roles in Emerging Markets
- More than the Display; Connection Rates of Media Players and Other Peripheral in the Digital Signage Mix, Kevin Prewett, Vice President Vendor Management, Ingram Micro
- Helping Customers Enter and Succeed in the Digital Signage Market, Sam Taylor, Executive Vice President and COO, Professional AV Division, Almo Corporation
- Jill Hayward, Senior Manager, Digital Signage, Consumer TV and Projector Business Unit, Product Marketing Peripherals, Tech Data Corporation
Session IV: OOH Indoor and Outdoor: Comparisons Using Today’s Technology
- Technical/Financial Barriers to Mass-Adoption of LCD, Plasma and Other Display Technologies for 6-Sheet OOH Placement, Jordy Ford, VP Marketing/Business Development, Clear Channel Outdoor
- Are Lessons Learned from Super-Large Format LED OOH Digital Signage Applicable for ‘Smaller’ Size LCD and Plasma Deployments? Bob Klausmeier, Director of New Business Development, YESCO Electronics
- Rear Projection Perspective, Richard Heslett, Product Manager, MicroTiles, Christie Digital
Session V: Advanced Display Technologies for Digital Signage
- Touch for Digital Signage, Neeraj Pendse, Business Development Manager, Digital Signage, Elo Touch Systems Electronic Paper in Digital Signage, Scott Soong, Associate Vice President, Chilin Technology
The Digital Signage Conference will take place on August 17—bringing together the entire digital signage supply chain, ranging from flat-panel display vendors and the world’s largest IT companies along-side companies already well-established in out-of-home environments and emerging markets. Applications to be examined include: mass transit, mixed-use information and advertising signage; electronic menu boards; higher education installations; point-of-sale and dynamic signage for retail; corporate mass-communication networks; out-of-home advertising/information/security messaging; and emerging solutions for the outdoor portion of the out-of-home market. To view the latest agenda and register for the conference, visit www.displaysearch.com/digitalsignage2010
This is part of the DisplaySearch August Conference Series, taking place August 17-19 in San Jose, California. The series also includes the following one-day conferences covering the display industry’s hottest market segments:
TV Ecosystem Conference—Wednesday, August 18, 2010 (San Jose, California)
Emerging Display Technologies Conference—Thursday, August 19, 2010 (San Jose, California)
Register today for two or three of our one-day conferences and receive a 20% discount on your registration fee.
For more information about these conferences and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Laura Castellano at 1.408.226.1101 or laura.castellano [at] displaysearch.com. Media interested in attending the conferences should contact Stacey Voorhees-Harmon at 1.925.336.9592 or stacey [at] savvypublicrelations.net.
Since 1996, DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge and resources. In collaboration with the NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels. For more information on DisplaySearch analysts, reports and industry events, visit us at http://www.displaysearch.com/. Read our blog at http://www.displaysearchblog.com/ and follow us on Twitter at @DisplaySearch.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,800 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit http://www.npd.com/ and http://www.npdgroupblog.com/. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.