NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of the 55-inch P551 to its professional-grade P Series. Prestigious in the AV industry, the P Series also provides digital signage professionals with the 40-inch P401, 46-inch P461, 52-inch P521 and 70-inch P701.
Designed for the rigors of 24/7 environments such as airports, public information, rental and staging and healthcare, the P551 brings supreme features and extended connectivity to the most demanding users. Providing twice the refresh rate than that of most competitive displays, the P551 reduces typical blur seen in fast-moving images and gives viewers a life-like crisp image with a 120Hz setting. A wide range of inputs include DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D, 5 BNC in/out (RGBHV, DVD/HD, composite video), as well as RS-232 and Ethernet connectivity for remote monitoring, control and email notifications for diagnostic purposes.
The integrated expansion slot enables users to connect a variety of accessories, such as a single board computer, DVI daisy chain module or internal HD-SDI card, to the P551 for additional methods for displaying content. The ENERGY STAR 5.0 certified display carries a multitude of eco-friendly technologies, including an ambient light sensor for consistent brightness no matter the lighting conditions and a carbon footprint meter to track and calculate the conservation of green gas emissions.
“The NEC P Series is now offering more features than ever in the P551 with 120 frames per second refresh rate and heightened flexibility that will suit any digital signage deployment and allow users to take full advantage of their digital content,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “This premium LCD display has the advanced capabilities that 24/7 operations need to function efficiently, such as an Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite, the tandem-working TileMatrixTM and TileCompTM for seamless video walls and copy functions for applying the settings from one display to all others.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the P551:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- Brightness up to 700 cd/m²
- 120 Hz refresh rate for optimal video content
- Premium-grade panel with advanced thermal protection and internal temperature sensors for the most demanding digital signage industry requirements
- Sealed panel design, which provides protection against dust, grease and steam in less than optimal environments
- Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite, which offers more than 30 advanced features, making it easier to deploy and manage multi-screen networks
- Broad connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, BNC (RGBHV, DVD/HD, or composite in/out), component in/out, S-Video
- Flexible control options with Ethernet, RS-232 in/out, IR and DDC/CI
- Built-in expansion slot, which increases the connectivity and methods for displaying content
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function; TileMatrix (up to 100 displays in a 10×10 matrix) and TileComp
- AmbiBrightTM, which ensures constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition via the ambient light sensor
- Built-in eco-friendly options such as real-time scheduler and carbon footprint meter for calculating and tracking carbon savings
- Built-in IP tuner, which allows users to stream content up to 1080p directly to the display, as well as ATSC/NTCS/Clear QAM signals (P551-AVT version)
- Optional accessories and products for the P551 include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator, SpectraViewIITM Color Calibration Kit, stand, Digital Signage Kit, NET-SBC-01/02/03 single board computers, TNETPC-ION external PC, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card
The P551 will be available for August 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $3,499, while its tuner counterpart, the P551-AVT, is offered at $3,649. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Extended warranties of 4- and 5-years are available for purchase.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
Source: NEC Display Solutions