NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of the 42-inch V421 to its value-driven V Series. Designed with corporate conference rooms, retail stores and restaurants in mind, these cost-effective LCD displays provide an assortment of features to entry-level digital signage users.
The new V421 dazzles passersby with full high-definition details using high contrast and brightness. Its full selection of inputs, from HDMI to 5 BNC, allows customers the ability to connect a variety of secondary devices to the display, as well as the opportunity to remotely monitor and control the display by utilizing its Ethernet port.
To dissipate potential damage and encourage interactivity, the V421 is protective-glass and touch-panel-ready. Its real-time scheduler enables the advanced scheduling of content and power on/off, which saves both time and energy costs. Additionally, the display offers an advanced cooling fan-based technology to eliminate the possibility of overheating and runs off a high-performance, commercial-grade panel to protect against permanent image retention.
“The value to cost ratio has an enormous significance for basic digital signage customers that want to delve deeper into the digital signage industry,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “With integrated video wall technologies and advanced features for frequently used environments, the V421 is a resourceful proponent of cost efficiency and reliability. The V Series enhances areas where static signage is no longer effective and change is necessary without costly implementations.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the V421:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- Brightness up to 500 cd/m²
- 1300:1 contrast ratio
- Public-display-grade panel, which offers additional protection against image retention
- Advanced cooling fan-based technology, which provides added security with overheating protection
- Landscape or portrait orientation, which enables flexible content placement
- Comprehensive input panel, including HDMI, DVI-D, 5 BNC (RGBHV, DVD/HD or composite video), 15-pin D-sub in/out, S-Video and composite video in/out
- Video walls of up to 25 displays in a 5×5 configuration using TileMatrixTM, an improvement from the 4×4 capability in the MultiSync LCD4215
- Picture in Picture (PIP) modes, along with Picture On Picture (POP)
- Improved user color setting, which allows customer to adjust the color at a 6-axis level
- Built-in, round-the-clock scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of content and powering of the display, saving time and energy costs
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- Windows® Vista-certified
- Touch- and protective glass-ready
- Optional accessories for the V421 include stand, speaker and wall mount
The V421 will be available for July 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $999.00. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/.
VUKUNET, powered by NEC Display Solutions of America, is the universal advertising platform that connects digital out-of-home networks with ad revenue. VUKUNET is a web-based tool that provides a centralized, automated place for network owners to connect their screens to advertisers looking to place their digital ads. Advertisers and ad agencies can use the companion ADVUKU ad-serving platform to search for the best networks in any location. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call 877-805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/PressResources.aspx. For additional information on ADVUKU, visit www.advuku.com.
Source: NEC Display Solutions