Pure-play out of home digital media sales company Digicom today announces that it has been appointed by Amscreen to sell national advertising on the screens installed in venues operated by MRH, the UK’s largest independent petrol retailer. Amscreen’s MRH digital signage network is an exclusive 5 year deal which follows Amscreen’s appointment as BP’s exclusive digital signage partner last year.
The MRH win means that Digicom’s forecourt network now delivers a gross audience of over 11.6million consumers every two weeks, in nearly 500 venues. These numbers are set to grow as the screens roll out across the whole of the petrol retailer’s estate.
MRH’s 300 sites operate under the BP, Esso, Jet, Shell, Texaco and Total fuel brands.
Commenting on the new contract win, Digicom Commercial Director Guy Chiswick said: “The MRH estate is an excellent addition to Digicom’s national forecourt network. It significantly increases the broadcast coverage we are able to deliver to advertisers, and creates an even more compelling solution for brands looking for a national digital out of home solution”.
“We believe Amscreen’s growing forecourt network presents an excellent opportunity for advertisers looking to target consumers in our increasingly mobile, out of homefocussed society.”
• Digicom is the UK’s only independent ‘Pure Play’ digital media sales house selling at national level to clients, media agencies and outdoor specialists
• Executive Chairman Tom Goddard was previously International CEO for CBS Outdoor
• MD Sales and Marketing Chris Forrester was formerly head of sales at CBS Outdoor
• In June 2009 AMScreen appointed Digicom to sell the BP Connect network of convenience stores
• Further appointments to AMScreen’s Powerleague and Healthcare networks followed
• In January 2010 Digicom was appointed to sell national advertising for Toni&Guy TV and Simply
Media Salon TV
• The UK outdoor digital market was worth £72m in 2008 (source: Posterscope)
• Digital is now approaching 8% by value of the UK out of home market (source: OAA)
• The UK is the leading European country in terms of digital market share
For more information call Liz Ross Martyn, Marketing Manager, Digicom 0207 399 0621 / 07806 640 303
More about Digicom’s approach and team at www.digicomoutofhome.com