Open Platform, New Product Features, Complete Services Offering and Broad Partner Ecosystem Deliver More Interactive Digital Media Experience
Today, at the Digital Signage Show in New York, Cisco introduced new technology, partner program and service offerings for organizations interested in deploying network-based digital signage solutions to enhance customer experience, deliver communication and training, and accelerate sales. Cisco expanded its partner ecosystem and added new features and capabilities to its Cisco® Digital Signs solution with a focus on the creation, management, reporting and playback of digital media.
Cisco Digital Signs, part of the Cisco Digital Media Suite (DMS), is a complete digital signage system that integrates management software, network-based media players and liquid crystal displays (LCDs). Combined with end-to-end services and a robust partner ecosystem, Cisco Digital Signs delivers the most comprehensive digital signage offering.
* The new Cisco Digital Media Designer provides content creators with a simpler way to develop vibrant and compelling digital signage content with new layout features, enhanced image effects, new playlist capabilities and a library of templates.
* New proof-of-play content performance and screen status reporting deliver more sophisticated advertising capabilities to drive revenue.
* Interactive applications with touch screens and expanded support for wireless and music on network-based media player appliances build on the core functionality of the Cisco Digital Media Player 4400 Series platform.
* New application program interfaces (APIs) and software development kits (SDKs) enable partners to use Cisco technology to develop innovative digital signage solutions for customers, extending the benefits of digital signage to a variety of deployments.
* New platform interfaces, now accessible to developers via the Cisco Developer Network, enable customers to choose solutions from a community of technology developers who are building on the capabilities of the Cisco Digital Signs system.
* Cisco Digital Media Creative Services (DMCS) creates and transforms assets for digital signage to support communications goals and optimize the Cisco Digital Signs investment. Cisco DMCS fosters creativity within a disciplined yet flexible content framework and provides services that address each stage of a digital signage deployment.
* A key component of Cisco’s Business Video portfolio of systems, Cisco DMS delivers a full spectrum of digital media applications to create powerful visual networking experiences. In addition to Cisco Digital Signs, Cisco DMS includes Cisco Cast, a business IPTV solution, and Cisco Show and Share, a new social video system to enable highly secure online video communities for the enterprise.
* Thomas Wyatt, vice president and general manager, Digital Media Systems and Media Processing Business Units, Cisco
“Cisco’s digital signage business has grown five times as fast as the industry this past year, with thousands of customers deploying around the world. As we continue to grow our leadership in the digital signage market, we are partnering with our customers to drive innovation across the entire Cisco DMS product portfolio. The new offerings in this latest release of Cisco Digital Signs will complement Cisco’s unmatched level of service and broad partner ecosystem to deliver a one-stop shop for digital signage.”
* Wayne Willis, retail marketing and merchandising manager, CenturyLink
“At CenturyLink we use Cisco Digital Signs to promote our products and services in a customer-friendly environment, while adding a unique visual appeal to our retail locations. We are looking forward to Cisco’s upcoming touch-screen capabilities, which will provide interactive functionality for our customers and retail service representatives.”
* David Wible, CEO, Industry Weapon
“Cisco continues to show its commitment to the digital signage industry through its ecosystem partnerships.”
* Brian Hudson, multimedia coordinator and producer, Sutter Health
“Cisco Services helped our Sutter Health team strategically plan, design and implement our digital signage deployment across our system office and some of our hospitals. In addition, the Cisco Academy of Digital Signage provided our content creators with a one-stop shop for understanding all of the possibilities in using this dynamic medium to meet our business objectives. With Cisco Services’ focused support, we hope to maximize our return on investment and possibly expand our internal Sutter Broadcast Network across all of our Northern California hospitals, physician organizations and other health care service providers.”
Find More Information Online:
Web Site Links:
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.