LodgeNet Interactive Corporation, the leading provider of media and connectivity solutions to the hospitality industry, will introduce its new LodgeNet360TM solution tomorrow at the HITEC 2009 trade show in Anaheim, CA. This unique new solution allows hoteliers to contract with LodgeNet on a fee-for-service basis as their single-source provider for Broadband Access, Telephony Service, Digital Signage, In-Room Automation and Guest Entertainment, and related support services, whether delivered over a unified IP (Internet Protocol) network, or through a mixed IP and coaxial architecture.
Increasingly, hoteliers recognize that working with a single supplier for their guest-facing technology systems can improve service, simplify operations and lower total cost of ownership for their properties. LodgeNet360 is delivered and supported by the company’s industry-leading Professional Solutions and Technical Services teams, providing customers with the confidence and security of knowing that their essential guest-facing technology systems will be designed properly, installed correctly, and supported over time by a company that they can rely on.
LodgeNet360 integrates the company’s own proprietary technology with products and systems from other leading providers – ensuring a world-class solution that leverages the most robust capabilities available to the hospitality market. With LodgeNet’s unique experience in technology integration and support, the LodgeNet360 solution is designed to meet the needs of hoteliers managing converged networks today, as well as providing a platform that will support the requirements and capabilities that properties will need in the future. By providing Broadband Access, Telephony Service, Digital Signage, In-Room Automation and Guest Entertainment on a single converged network, LodgeNet360 will allow hoteliers to simplify their technical infrastructure and lower their internal support costs.
“Our customers are looking for the convenience and efficiency that come from having a single point of contact for service, and are very interested in the savings that our new solution can deliver,” said Scott E. Young, President of Hospitality for LodgeNet. “When you consider the economics of installing and maintaining multiple platforms that currently shape the guest experience, it makes sense that integrating implementation and service would provide significant efficiency,” added Young. “LodgeNet360 is the most comprehensive technology solution available today for hoteliers who want to serve their guests’ needs at virtually every stage of the hotel experience – from check-in to departure – in a cost-effective, easy to maintain solution.”
Services and platforms delivered through the new LodgeNet360 solution include:
- Interactive HDTV. LodgeNet360 supports the company’s industry-leading Interactive TV platforms. These services include HD free-to-guest (FTG) programming, on demand HD programming and in-room applications that can be delivered over either an IP network or coaxial wiring. The LodgeNet360 solution offers a broad selection of interactive services and customization capabilities including custom backgrounds, custom application development, Guest Directory (virtual concierge), and custom video implementation.
- Broadband/IP. LodgeNet360 delivers broadband access through the company’s state of the art gateway management solutions, allowing hoteliers to provide broadband access on a single IP network along with other primary services. LodgeNet’s extensive gateway management options allow hoteliers to address requirements ranging from a simple guest access networks to converged solutions for multipurpose conference facilities. LodgeNet360 supports a variety of Network Infrastructure technologies, including Cisco, Motorola, and Ruckus Wireless solutions. LodgeNet360 also supports the recently announced LodgeNet Conference Manager system, which provides network management tools that give hoteliers control over their broadband resources, and allows them to maximize and preserve their revenues from conference room services.
- Environmental Controls. LodgeNet360 supports Control4 solutions as its primary technology for in-room controls. LodgeNet360 can help reduce energy costs and increase guest comfort by automating in-room temperature controls and lighting. In addition, in-room controls can enhance the guest experience by automating functions and providing guests with the ability to manage settings directly through the television interface.
- Digital Signage. LodgeNet360 provides hoteliers with opportunities to quickly create and update key guest facing and back-of-the-house messages targeting guests and staff. These messages are seamlessly distributed to flat-panel screens that are strategically located throughout the property, including public spaces, conference rooms and guest room locations.
- Telephony. LodgeNet360 supports Mitel Telephony products, and the company has partnered with leading Mitel service providers to support integration and maintenance of VoIP (voice over IP) as part of the LodgeNet360 solution.
- Professional Solutions. LodgeNet360 is supported by LodgeNet’s nationwide staff of over 300 dedicated interactive TV and broadband experts to facilitate project design, management, wiring and other essential functions required for a reliable, efficient and cost-effective deployment.
LodgeNet360 is offered to customers as a single, all-inclusive package that includes design, installation and service for Broadband Access, Telephony Service, Digital Signage, In-Room Automation and Guest Entertainment. Alternatively, LodgeNet can create specialized solutions which allow hoteliers to select components of the service on an a la carte basis to create a package that meets their specific requirements. LodgeNet360 is available for contracting today, with initial installations available for delivery in Q4 2009. Hoteliers can obtain a price proposal by contacting their local LodgeNet representative, calling 1-888-LODGENET (563-4363), or by e-mailing sales [at] lodgenet.com